Executive Director, Digital Transformation (Must reside in CA, GA, MD, OR, WA, CO, DC, HI, VA) Fully RemotePleasanton, CA
The KP Digital experience is a people experience. The products and solutions we create impact Kaiser Permanente’s more than 12 million members and their families, all working toward total health. Our goal is simple — center on the everyday moments that matter for our members, care teams, brokers, and employees, and make them better with innovative digital products. KP Digital team members are agile and with sharp attention to detail, who apply creative, out-of-the-box thinking and active listening skills in collaboration with teammates and stakeholders like physicians, hospital leaders, health plan market leaders, and more. Join us for the opportunity to define what good looks like in digital health and make an impact along the way.
- Job Level: Director/Senior Director
- Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
These are the traits of the most successful members of our digital team.
More About Kaiser Permanente
Leading in a Crisis
Prat Vemana and his team had to respond quickly to execute and mobilize a strategy for the pandemic that would work across the company’s vast integrated health system.
The Webcam Will See You Now
Telemedicine apps, invented for rural patients, have a critical new role during the coronavirus: keeping you and doctors at a safe distance.
We truly believe ideas can come from anyone and anywhere. If you are change-ready and change-driven, join an environment where innovation is both the standard and something we can all contribute to.
Executive Director, Digital Transformation (Must reside in CA, GA, MD, OR, WA, CO, DC, HI, VA) Fully Remote
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
The KP Digital experience is a people experience. The products and solutions we create impact Kaiser Permanente’s more than 12 million members and their families, all working toward total health. Our goal is simple — center on the everyday moments that matter for our members, care teams, brokers, and employees, and make them better with innovative digital products. KP Digital team members are agile and with sharp attention to detail, who apply creative, out-of-the-box thinking and active listening skills in collaboration with teammates and stakeholders like physicians, hospital leaders, health plan market leaders, and more.Reporting into the Vice President, Digital Strategy and Transformation, this position is responsible for the strategy, execution, and operationalization of an enterprise framework for digital, product, agile, and organizational transformation. This leader plays a pivotal role in leveraging strategy, transformation, and change management skills to define and implement a digital first product operating model with an emphasis on collaboration and an experience-first mindset. The team comprises of Senior Directors and Principals, transformation consultants, coaches for various disciplines, and change management specialists. In total the leader is responsible for a team of 35 (a blend of employees, contractors and vendor-based). The leader is accountable to set the vision, strategy, workflow, operational model and team structure to achieve a best in class consumer experience in healthcare. With the unique blend of product, digital, and organizational transformation, the leader plays an influential role in shaping the digital and organizational transformation strategy and roadmap. This leader will help scale a rapidly growing transformation team by defining clear culture, attracting the best talent and delivering a world-class consumer experience. Accountable for multiple interrelated digital transformation projects and programs on a strategic level to translate business strategy into actionable plans for how digital will help to achieve enterprise strategies and value.Directs the operations of multiple units and departments by identifying customer and operational needs; engaging strategic, cross-functional business units to champion and drive support for business plans and priorities; translating business strategy into actionable business requirements; obtaining and distributing resources; setting standards and measuring progress; anticipating and removing obstacles that impact performance; addressing performance gaps and implementing contingency plans accordingly; ensuring products and/or services meet customer requirements and expectations while aligning with organizational strategies; serving as a subject-matter expert and trusted source to executive leadership; and providing influence and consultation in the development of the larger organizational or business strategy.
- Lead the transformation function; drive prioritization of key initiatives and foster the execution and measurement of the transformation workstreams and prioritized initiatives to achieve the highest level of business outcomes.
- Design, plan, drive execution and incorporation of organizational transformation and change management practices in new operating model
- Create an immersive learning environment for teams to upskill in agile leadership, product approach, human-centered design, and DevOps practices
- Establish consistent value and progress measures at the team, product group, and enterprise level.
- Work with leadership to maintain appropriate learning paths and internal coaching program.
- Collaborate with cross-functional strategy, product, design, and engineering leadership as well as business partners and customers to foster active collaboration, remove roadblocks, and ensure delivery of each organization and product’s objectives. Build and maintain collaborative relationships with senior leadership across departments (e.g., Care Delivery, Business Operations, Marketing, Regional partners).
- Cultivate a collaborative and positive culture of consumer-centricity, accountability, integrity, teamwork and open communication across the organization.
- Lead and advocate for digital transformation, emphasizing the importance of culture in driving digital strategy and execution. Lead the development of maturity assessments, road maps, and strategy documents as part of the overall future state vision.
- Lead a medium to large project team; defines the project vision and communicates the outcomes needed along with guidance to achieve outcome, coordinates team actions on project activities; coordinates flow of additional team members on and off the team as needed; and works to build the capability of the team through training, coaching and mentoring.
- Lead the development and implementation of stakeholder engagement strategies and plans across the program or portfolio to identify relevant stakeholders, to create mutually supportive working relationships, and to ensure that each stakeholder has an appropriate share of voice at project, program, and portfolio levels.
- Minimum ten (10) years of end to end experience delivering technology solutions to business problems, with roles of increasing responsibility and leadership
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience hiring and leading teams supporting the implementation of digital, agile, and product transformation.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience managing, mentoring, motivating and growing a mature and goal-driven delivery team; strong history of developing people, both technically and individually.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, computer science, engineering, or related field.
- A strong and proven IT business leader with demonstrated ability to drive business value through technology, across the project lifecycle.
- Proven track record in implementing large-scale digital and product transformation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to adapt to the respective audience (team member to senior leadership)
- Strong ability to inspire and coach, with a proven track record of hiring and leading high-performing teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work across functions and build relationships to drive results.
- Thrives in complex, dynamic work environment, bringing a proactive mentality and a spirit of collaboration to the role
- Master’s degree preferred.
KP-IT @ West Annex - Parsons, 74 N. Pasadena Ave., Pasadena,California, 91124
KPIT - Dole Annex, 680 Iwilei Rd. Ste. 600, Honolulu,Hawaii, 96817
Nicolai Service Center, 2850 NW Nicolai Ave., Portland,Oregon, 97210
Greenwood Plaza IT, 6560 Greenwood Plaza Blvd., Greenwood Village,Colorado, 80111
Pershing Point Plaza IT, 1375 Peachtree St. NE, Atlanta,Georgia, 30309
New Carrollton Administration, 4000 Garden City Dr., Hyattsville,Maryland, 20785
Renton Administration - Rainier, 2715 Naches Ave. SW, Renton,Washington, 98057 Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: M-F Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM Working Hours End: 05:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE Executives|NUE|Non Union Employee Job Level: Director/Senior Director Department: Kaiser Permanente Digital (KPD) Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Our compensation and benefits are designed to help you and your family stay healthy and thrive in and beyond work.
Medical, Vision, & Dental
Education & Tuition
Career Growth & Development
Vacation, Holiday, & Sick Leave
As a new organization, KP Digital will reinvent how we approach digital challenges — from the products we create to the way we work to the talent we hire. As part of this new team, you must be as knowledgeable as you are curious, willing to try new things, even if it means failing fast. We foster a culture of learning but leave your path up to you. In every opportunity we see growth, and in this growth you could see limitless opportunities.
What Our People Say
Data Science & Analytics
“Every day, I leverage technology to power digital transformation in health care and deliver meaningful and impactful experiences for our members. More importantly, I enjoy working with team members and leaders who are vested in your success at KP Digital!”
“I work with a highly collaborative and inclusive team of designers, researchers, product owners, and engineers. We’re committed to a design centric decision-making process and providing the best digital experiences we can.”
Consumer Experience Engineering
“KP Digital employees are assured of career growth through a wide spectrum of ongoing training opportunities that include essential soft skills as well as upcoming new technologies.”
Consumer Experience Engineering
“Working for KP Digital helped me realize my dream of impacting the community by applying a digital first mindset to the solutions we create. I am very fortunate to work with a high performing and passionate team committed to making things happen!”
Don’t be shy. Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.