Support the Bottom Line — and the Big Picture
Create the financial strategies that affect our patients, medical centers, and future. On this team, you'll provide the strategy recommendations that drive operational and process improvement, as well as face challenging opportunities to influence the future of health care.
Financial Senior Consultant (Operational Accounting)Location: Pleasanton, CA Additional Locations:
Green Street/IDS 99 S. Oakland Ave., 99 S. Oakland Ave., Pasadena,California, 91101 Job Number: 787096 Date posted: 05/07/2019
- Reviews and analyzes submitted budget/forecast data for completeness, changes in trend, and drivers of change.
- Designs effective processes to track financial performance against expectations, including early red flags to identify potential shortfalls.
- Oversees analysis of planned financial objectives and identifies corrective actions. Partners with key leaders to shift (or maintain) direction.
- Acts as a proactive partner to insure business objectives are achieved in a financially efficient manner.
- Reviews and presents the financial information to key KP leaders - identifying key messages, risks, and opportunities. Continuously forecasts the progress and momentum in key operations against planned objectives.
- Handle all phases of projects assigned including client meetings, analysis, presentations.
- Lead the process to streamline, refine and improve the budget/forecast/reporting processes.
- Works cross-functionally to help insure planning processes are consistent, and properly support the development of National Functions organizations individually and as an organization.
- Ensures integrity of measurement and control processes and all financial and reporting statements.
- Regarded as subject matter expert for IT Finance.
- Identifies key business issues and designs analytical approaches/solutions.
- Designs financial models, processes, procedures and methodologies.
- Minimum ten (10) years of financial analysis or related experience.
- Bachelor's degree required, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Advanced knowledge (broad expertise or unique knowledge) of policies, practices and systems.
- Develops advanced concepts, techniques, and standards.
- Develops new financial models and applications based on professional principles and theories.
- Viewed as functional expert in field within KP.
- Applies advanced principles, theories, and concepts.
- Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Accounting, Finance, & Actuarial Careers
Members of our accounting team support corporate projects and lend insight to areas such as financial reporting, tax planning and preparation, and audit management. This team also includes our audit professionals, who partner with financial and operational groups across the organization to analyze budgets and streamline procedures.
Supporting critical business functions such as financial services, national Medicare finance, strategic planning, auditing, and corporate finance, our finance professionals develop the strategies that enable us to meet our financial goals.
Applying probability and statistics to the practical problems of insurance, our actuarial team performs a variety of duties, including calculating the cost of premiums and policy values, preparing statistical studies, and forecasting financial results.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.