Identity Access Management Senior EngineerLocation: Pleasanton, CA Job Number: 889064 Date posted: 08/19/2020
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
As a (Sr. IT Identity Access Management Engineer), you will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle to gain the knowledge and provide the technical support to the applications developed for our business partners. As a Senior role in the team you will take the ownership of the applications we support and provide the technical guidance to the junior or new team members. You will help the team using technology (Sailpoint,LDAP,OIM,SSO)
• Provide the LOE for the projects
• Develop automated scripts to monitor the applications
• Troubleshoot the issues
• Document the processes, instructions and supporting tips
• Mentor the junior members
- Completes work assignments and supports business-specific projects by applying expertise in subject area; supporting the development of work plans to meet business priorities and deadlines; ensuring team follows all procedures and policies; coordinating and assigning resources to accomplish priorities and deadlines; collaborating cross-functionally to make effective business decisions; solving complex problems; escalating high priority issues or risks, as appropriate; and recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities.
- Practices self-development and promotes learning in others by proactively providing information, resources, advice, and expertise with coworkers and customers; building relationships with cross-functional stakeholders; influencing others through technical explanations and examples; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; listening and responding to, seeking, and addressing performance feedback; providing feedback to others and managers; creating and executing plans to capitalize on strengths and develop weaknesses; supporting team collaboration; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- As part of the IT Engineering job family, this position is responsible for leveraging DEVOPS, and both Waterfall and Agile practices, to design, develop, and deliver resilient, secure, multi-channel, high-volume, high-transaction, on/off-premise, cloud-based solutions.
- Supports the review of team deliverables.
- Provides some recommendations and input on options, risks, costs, and benefits for systems designs.
- Collaborates with team members to develop project support plans, schedules, and assignments.
- Translates business and functional requirements into technical specifications that support integrated and sustainable designs for designated infrastructure systems by partnering with Business Analysts to understand business needs and functional specifications.
- Serves as a liaison with business partners, Solutions, and enterprise architects to define and understand target strategies.
- Collaborates with counterparts in various IT Teams (e.g., database, operations, technical support) throughout system development and implementation.
- Develops and modifies solutions by identifying technical solutions to business problems.
- Provides consultation and technical advice on IT infrastructure planning, engineering, and architecture for assigned systems by assessing the implications of IT strategies on infrastructure capabilities.
- Reviews and makes changes to technical specifications and documentation.
- Collaborates with IT teams and key business partners to troubleshoot complex systems and provides solutions, as appropriate.
- Evaluates existing systems to make recommendations on resources required to maintain service levels.
- Evaluates new service options, identifies issues and impacts, and provides recommendations on feasibility and ROI.
- Collaborates with architects and software engineers to ensure functional specifications are converted into flexible, scalable, and maintainable designs.
- Verifies system designs adhere to company architecture standards.
- Drives physical architecture design for new initiatives.
- Leads the implementation of assigned enterprise infrastructure systems to ensure successful deployment and operation by developing and documenting detailed standards (e.g., guidelines, processes, procedures) for the introduction and maintenance of services.
- Minimum four (4) years experience in the planning, design, and implementation of infrastructure or security solutions, including Minimum two (2) years in the configuration, implementation, and operation of infrastructure or security technologies.
- Minimum one (1) year in a technical leadership role with or without direct reports.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field and Minimum six (6) years experience in an IT operations environment with technical experience in distributed technologies , systems development, and/or networking. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Two (2) years of experience building technology solutions to meet corporate or industry IT regulatory requirements.
- Two (2) years experience in the design and implementation of complex infrastructure solutions.
- Two (2) years experience in IT infrastructure consulting.
- Two (2) years experience working with load balancing technologies.
- Four (4) years experience in the configuration and/or design of Active Directory structure and design elements, including experience integrating Active Directory across platforms or technologies.
- Two (2) years experience in IT compliance reporting.
- Two (2) years experience in database technologies.
- Two (2) years experience using SQL or similar query language.
- Two (2) years experience in infrastructure architecture/engineering, including experience in the design and implementation of storage, server, middleware, and/or database infrastructure.
- Two (2) years experience in IT security or identity and access management.
- Two (2) years experience working with an IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework.
- Three (3) years experience in database administration.
- Two (2) years experience working on projects or programs requiring the integration of cross-functional technology and/or business solutions.
- Three (3) years engineering experience in identity and access management.
- One (1) year of work experience in a role requiring interaction with senior leadership (e.g., Director level and above)
- Three (3) years experience writing technical documentation in an infrastructure development environment.
- Three (3) years experience working in a large matrixed organization.
- Two (2) years experience working with IT vendors.
- Four (4) years experience in the design and configuration of UNIX/Linux and/or Windows servers infrastructure.
- Two (2) years coding experience with one or more programming languages.
- Four (4) years scripting experience using UNIX/Linux scripting languages.
- Four (4) years experience in the configuration and design of web server infrastructure.
- Four (4) years experience in WebSphere and additional middleware administration.
- Four (4) years experience working with databases.
- Two (2) years experience in the design and implementation of complex middleware infrastructure solutions.
- Two (2) years experience in IT middleware infrastructure consulting.
- Four (4) years experience gathering and translating business requirements into technical specifications.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!