IT Consultant II Digital AnalyticsPleasanton, CA
The KP Digital experience is a people experience. The products and solutions we create impact Kaiser Permanente’s more than 12 million members and their families, all working toward total health. Our goal is simple — center on the everyday moments that matter for our members, care teams, brokers, and employees, and make them better with innovative digital products. KP Digital team members are agile and with sharp attention to detail, who apply creative, out-of-the-box thinking and active listening skills in collaboration with teammates and stakeholders like physicians, hospital leaders, health plan market leaders, and more. Join us for the opportunity to define what good looks like in digital health and make an impact along the way.
- Level: Individual Contributor
- Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
These are the traits of the most successful members of our digital team.
More About Kaiser Permanente
Leading in a Crisis
Prat Vemana and his team had to respond quickly to execute and mobilize a strategy for the pandemic that would work across the company’s vast integrated health system.
The Webcam Will See You Now
Telemedicine apps, invented for rural patients, have a critical new role during the coronavirus: keeping you and doctors at a safe distance.
We truly believe ideas can come from anyone and anywhere. If you are change-ready and change-driven, join an environment where innovation is both the standard and something we can all contribute to.
IT Consultant II Digital Analytics
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
The Analytics Advisor will join KP Digital to conduct digital analytics to evaluate and optimize features on websites and mobile apps designed for Kaiser Permanente’s members and prospective members. The role will be responsible for working with business stakeholders to identify business objectives, goals and key metrics for new and existing features. This includes collaborating with engineers to validate and document business requirements for Adobe Analytics tagging, and develop insights and data-driven decisions and recommendations. Analytics advisors are also responsible for ad hoc analyses, data validation and data manipulation, as needed, to answer business questions and provide story-telling insights.
This position is also responsible creating and publishing reports focused on digital data insights, utilization, and trends; performing analyses using both basic (e.g., regression, time series, etc.) and advanced statistical methods (e.g., random forest, decision trees, propensity score matching), using business-centric tools (e.g., Excel, SAS, etc.), and the latest programing and software packages (e.g., Python, R, TensorFlow, etc.) to address business questions, issues, and opportunities; consulting on digital data and metrics with regional and business stakeholders; creating and managing digital activity datasets and reporting databases; and supporting A/B and multivariate test plan initiatives.
- Completes work assignments and supports business-specific projects by applying expertise in subject area; supporting the development of work plans to meet business priorities and deadlines; ensuring team follows all procedures and policies; coordinating and assigning resources to accomplish priorities and deadlines; collaborating cross-functionally to make effective business decisions; solving complex problems; escalating high priority issues or risks, as appropriate; and recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities.
- Practices self-development and promotes learning in others by proactively providing information, resources, advice, and expertise with coworkers and customers; building relationships with cross-functional stakeholders; influencing others through technical explanations and examples; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; listening and responding to, seeking, and addressing performance feedback; providing feedback to others and managers; creating and executing plans to capitalize on strengths and develop weaknesses; supporting team collaboration; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Develops requirements for complex process or system solutions within assigned business domain(s) by interfacing stakeholders and appropriate IT teams (for example, Solutions Delivery, Infrastructure, Enterprise Architecture) and leading junior team members in the development process as appropriate.
- Leverages multiple business requirements gathering methodologies to identify business, functional, and non-functional requirements (for example, SMART) across multiple business domains.
- Develops and documents comprehensive business cases to assess the costs, benefits, ROI, and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of proposed solutions.
- Provides insight and supports the evolution of applications, systems, and/or processes to a desired future state by maintaining a comprehensive understanding of how current processes impact business operations across multiple domains.
- Maps current state against future state processes.
- Identifies the impact of requirements on upstream and downstream solution components.
- Provides recommendations to management and business stakeholders on how to integrate requirements with current systems and business processes across regions or domains.
- Identifies and validates value gaps and opportunities for process enhancements or efficiencies.
- Supports solution design by providing insight at design sessions with IT teams to help translate requirements into workable business solutions.
- Identifies and recommends additional data and/or services needed to address key business issues related to process or solutions design.
- Participates in evaluating third-party vendors as directed.
- Supports continuous process improvement by participating in the development, implementation, and maintenance of standardized tools, templates, and processes across multiple business domains.
- Recommends regional and/or national process improvements which align with sustainable best practices, and the strategic and tactical goals of the business.
- Minimum two (2) years data analysis, survey research, and/or applied research experience.
- Minimum one (1) year digital data analytics experience.
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, CIS or related field and Minimum six (6) years experience in IT consulting, business analysis, or a related field. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
License, Registration and Certification:
- One (1) year artificial intelligence or machine learning experience.
- One (1) year experience with statistical software programs (e.g. Python, R, STATA)
- Three (3) years experience working for a health care organization
- Three (3) years experience working for an IT organization
- Two (2) years experience working on projects or programs requiring the integration of cross-functional technology and/or business solutions.
- Two (2) years experience in workflow analysis, including the use of modeling software (e.g., Visio).
- Two (2) years in a leadership role working with project or technical teams.
- Two (2) years experience in business case development and analysis
- Two (2) years of work experience in a role requiring interaction with senior leadership (e.g., Director level and above)
- Four (4) years consulting experience in hospital operations.
- Four (4) years consulting experience in clinical administration.
- Four (4) years consulting experience in health plan administration.
- Masters degree in Economics, Applied Mathematics, or Statistics.
- Masters degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, CIS or related field
- Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) or other comparable business analyst or IT consulting certification
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Perks & Benefits
Our compensation and benefits are designed to help you and your family stay healthy and thrive in and beyond work.
Medical, Vision, & Dental
Education & Tuition
Career Growth & Development
Vacation, Holiday, & Sick Leave
As a new organization, KP Digital will reinvent how we approach digital challenges — from the products we create to the way we work to the talent we hire. As part of this new team, you must be as knowledgeable as you are curious, willing to try new things, even if it means failing fast. We foster a culture of learning but leave your path up to you. In every opportunity we see growth, and in this growth you could see limitless opportunities.
What Our People Say
Data Science & Analytics
“Every day, I leverage technology to power digital transformation in health care and deliver meaningful and impactful experiences for our members. More importantly, I enjoy working with team members and leaders who are vested in your success at KP Digital!”
“I work with a highly collaborative and inclusive team of designers, researchers, product owners, and engineers. We’re committed to a design centric decision-making process and providing the best digital experiences we can.”
Consumer Experience Engineering
“KP Digital employees are assured of career growth through a wide spectrum of ongoing training opportunities that include essential soft skills as well as upcoming new technologies.”
Consumer Experience Engineering
“Working for KP Digital helped me realize my dream of impacting the community by applying a digital first mindset to the solutions we create. I am very fortunate to work with a high performing and passionate team committed to making things happen!”
Don’t be shy. Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.