Ensuring Each Facility's Aesthetic and Success
From maintaining the aesthetic appearance of our grounds to driving environmental services at our facilities to managing product inventory and distribution, our facilities services and materials management team members are vital to the daily upkeep of our medical centers and business facilities.
Manager, Occupancy PlanningLocation: Pleasanton, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 798774 Date posted: 05/31/2019
The Strategic Portfolio Manager will drive strategic planning activities & provide enterprise & line of business real estate strategies, will create geographic master plans & individual asset strategies. This position will manage the planning & implementation team & the overall strategic direction in order to optimize the portfolio & align projects w/ approved business lines & enterprise-wide space policies, procedures & strategies.
- Portfolio Strategy & Mgmt: Develop & drive real estate strategies that align w/ & support overall enterprise & individual line of business objectives, strategies & metrics. Provide decision support to the Director & materials to optimize the real estate portfolio across the key metrics of cost, utilization, suitability & quality. This position equally encompasses strong analytical & financial skills as it does organizational & client mgmt skills. Drive the development of master plans for each major region or city, including individual asset plans, incorporating leasing strategies, operating budgets & capital improvement projects: Directs the gathering of required business case data & other documentation necessary to support the business case approval process; Leads brainstorming, strategy sessions, & working meetings ranging from strategy process to project-based initiatives both regionally & nationally.
- Team & Project Mgmt: Directly manage a team of employees consisting of strategic planners & occupancy coordinators, collectively responsible for the implementation & tasks associated w/ supporting the strategic direction of the real estate footprint, including optimizing the portfolio to maximize workspace efficiency & effectiveness & developing workspace strategies. Manage the process & issuance of portfolio reports, including headcount projections, & capacity, vacancy, churn information & the status of major initiatives for the portfolio, space allocation, & group block plans. Program Manage directly & indirectly multiple construction & relocation projects across the enterprise. Oversee to ensure that the supply of space is measured & reported consistently, common definitions are applied, approved data collection tools are rolled out, & the reporting is done at one level to ensure accuracy.
- Client Relationship Mgmt: Builds trust & relationship w/ key stakeholders at all various levels including senior leadership through consistency. Educates & enforces space policies/standards, procedures & protocols & notifies client of customer requested exceptions. Presents & negotiate plans to ensure alignment w/ corporate guidelines, & that all scenarios maximize use of space. Establish a leading advisory role in support of the objectives of the business & provide performance data & development of an program scorecard. Support decision making on cost-savings & portfolio optimization opportunities to meet the client's targeted efficiency levels regionally, by line-of-business & enterprise-wide. Lead cross-functional teams to gather for scenario modeling & implementation of optimization initiatives.
- Innovation/Process Improvement: Develops & leads implementation of business process improvements, internal efficiencies & methods of control in order to lessen the impact of resources & cost. Manage & lead development & integration efforts of space mgmt tools & process. Manage data integrity, including regular auditing & monitoring of the data held w/in the dB, as well as report accuracy & compliance w/ standards & processes. Manage implementation of strategic projects & initiatives including Alternative Workplace program.
- This job description is not all encompassing.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience including five (5) years of leadership experience or the equivalent in directly related work experience.
- Bachelor's degree, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Ability to translate business requirements into strategic plans.
- Ability to understand business strategies and form real estate and facilities strategies that support.
- Real Estate planning, Occupancy Planning, Space Management.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and high degree of efficiency and organizational skills mandatory.
- Familiarity with space management/occupancy planning software/technology.
- Understanding of workspace strategies that drive down costs and increase productivity.
- Directly managing internal and external employees at multiple levels.
- Microsoft Suite, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in an occupancy management and strategy role plus extensive multiple years of experience in a corporate real estate and facilities environment preferred.
- MBA, OR six (6) years of experience in a directly related field.
- AutoCad a plus but not required.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Handling the administration of all activities concerned with the ordering, storage, and movement of materials — as well as assessing, maintaining, and improving the upkeep and appearance of our facilities — as a member of this team you'll help everything look and run its best inside and outside our 600+ locations. Working in building management, maintenance, sourcing, purchasing, environmental services, and more, you'll play a vital role in ensuring the success of our organization.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.