Portfolio Management PrincipalPleasanton, CA
The KP Digital experience is a people experience. The products and solutions we create impact Kaiser Permanente’s more than 12 million members and their families, all working toward total health. Our goal is simple — center on the everyday moments that matter for our members, care teams, brokers, and employees, and make them better with innovative digital products. KP Digital team members are agile and with sharp attention to detail, who apply creative, out-of-the-box thinking and active listening skills in collaboration with teammates and stakeholders like physicians, hospital leaders, health plan market leaders, and more. Join us for the opportunity to define what good looks like in digital health and make an impact along the way.
- Job Level: Individual Contributor
- Travel: No
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
These are the traits of the most successful members of our digital team.
More About Kaiser Permanente
Leading in a Crisis
Prat Vemana and his team had to respond quickly to execute and mobilize a strategy for the pandemic that would work across the company’s vast integrated health system.
The Webcam Will See You Now
Telemedicine apps, invented for rural patients, have a critical new role during the coronavirus: keeping you and doctors at a safe distance.
We truly believe ideas can come from anyone and anywhere. If you are change-ready and change-driven, join an environment where innovation is both the standard and something we can all contribute to.
Portfolio Management Principal
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
We, at KP Digital, are obsessed with shaping the future of healthcare. Relying on our product and experience-first mindset coupled with the right digital tools and platforms, we’re building a digital and product practice that is laser-focused on creating the best possible experience for our members, our employees, our clinicians and care teams, and our employers and brokers. From discovery to delivery, we value an end-to-end approach that is strategic, thoughtful, collaborative, creative, and human-centered.
KP Digital is responsible for the definition, design, development, and delivery of a multitude of cross-channel, integrated digital products in the consumer, clinical, and business-to-business domains. These products are categorized into Experience Groups, which contain a logical grouping of related, integrated user experiences and journeys. Each Experience Group has a set of specific, measurable Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) that the overall team is accountable to fulfill.
The Portfolio Manager Principal’s role is about leadership, facilitating executive decision making tied to the strategy, vision, and the experiences KP Digital creates for our stakeholders. The key responsibilities include managing, maintaining and improving the performance of the portfolio, both operationally and financially, facilitating prioritization, resource allocation, and decision-making. This involves working with Product teams to develop rolling four quarter product roadmaps that will deliver on Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) aligned with business strategies, evaluating in-year and expected future spend against completed and planned work and the budget, and implementing process improvement initiatives that help standardize on-going tracking and improve overall efficiency.
- Completes work assignments and supports business-specific projects by applying expertise in subject area; supporting the development of work plans to meet business priorities and deadlines; ensuring team follows all procedures and policies; coordinating and assigning resources to accomplish priorities and deadlines; collaborating cross-functionally to make effective business decisions; solving complex problems; escalating high priority issues or risks, as appropriate; and recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities.
- Practices self-development and promotes learning in others by proactively providing information, resources, advice, and expertise with coworkers and customers; building relationships with cross-functional stakeholders; influencing others through technical explanations and examples; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; listening and responding to, seeking, and addressing performance feedback; providing feedback to others and managers; creating and executing plans to capitalize on strengths and develop weaknesses; supporting team collaboration; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Manages large-scale projects from planning to completion.
- Develops, analyzes, and manages moderately complex project plans which include schedule, and resource forecast.
- Manages and monitors project financials for large projects.
- Monitors overall project performance (e.g., on time, on budget, within scope and with quality) against plan and makes adjustments as needed.
- Manages project activities related to organizational change management (e.g., development and execution of user adoption, implementation, and training plans) as defined by the project.
- Ensures adherence to established processes and policies (e.g. SDLC including domain standards, Kaiser standards).
- Drives allocation of resources, establishes schedules, and task assignments to ensure proper project management practices are in place.
- Manages the work of own project team and ensures alignment of team member skills and strengths with project demands.
- Requests and manages internal and/ or external resources based on the alignment of team member skills and project demands.
- Promotes project vision and objectives with project team.
- Delivers individual performance feedback to team members.
- Proactively monitors project risks by identifying risks and trigger events.
- Monitors the compliance of project plans by ensuring team members follow policies and procedures.
- Ensures the alignment, buy-in, and coordination of diverse project stakeholders by building rapport with internal customers, third party vendors, and senior management.
- Identifies and works closely with key stakeholders.
- Provides insight to key stakeholders and project sponsors by developing project goals, setting the prioritization of deliverables, discussing involvement of business processes (e.g. project change management, communication) and facilitating decisions necessary for project delivery.
- Communicates tough issues to stakeholders and keeps an independent opinion.
- Assists with reviews of vendor performance levels and ensures service level agreements are met.
- Assists with contract negotiations with service vendors and reviews project invoices submitted by vendor for accuracy.
Our compensation and benefits are designed to help you and your family stay healthy and thrive in and beyond work.
Medical, Vision, & Dental
Education & Tuition
Career Growth & Development
Vacation, Holiday, & Sick Leave
As a new organization, KP Digital will reinvent how we approach digital challenges — from the products we create to the way we work to the talent we hire. As part of this new team, you must be as knowledgeable as you are curious, willing to try new things, even if it means failing fast. We foster a culture of learning but leave your path up to you. In every opportunity we see growth, and in this growth you could see limitless opportunities.
What Our People Say
Data Science & Analytics
“Every day, I leverage technology to power digital transformation in health care and deliver meaningful and impactful experiences for our members. More importantly, I enjoy working with team members and leaders who are vested in your success at KP Digital!”
“I work with a highly collaborative and inclusive team of designers, researchers, product owners, and engineers. We’re committed to a design centric decision-making process and providing the best digital experiences we can.”
Consumer Experience Engineering
“KP Digital employees are assured of career growth through a wide spectrum of ongoing training opportunities that include essential soft skills as well as upcoming new technologies.”
Consumer Experience Engineering
“Working for KP Digital helped me realize my dream of impacting the community by applying a digital first mindset to the solutions we create. I am very fortunate to work with a high performing and passionate team committed to making things happen!”
Don’t be shy. Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.