Principal Architect - M365 Teams Platform
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
As a M365 Teams Architect - this senior level individual contributor is primarily responsible for leading development of the IT strategic architecture over Microsoft 365 (M365) online collaboration, voice and video communication, community engagement, and employee experience platforms including Teams, Yammer, and complimentary products.
- Bring strategic, deep understanding of Microsoft 365 concepts and practices and proven techniques to the development of Teams service and capabilities.
- Deep understanding of voice communications, Teams calls in MS Teams, Enterprise/Cloud based Voice, Skype Enterprise Voice and general telephony.
- Extensive experience designing and leading migration projects to Teams (from Skype, SharePoint/OneDrive, Slack, including Enterprise Voice, Lync, OCS, etc.).
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Azure Active Directory and its integration with underlying & dependent services include Active Directory and other M365 solutions.
- Familiarity with the underlying service architecture of Microsoft Teams including performance optimization, reporting, Call Quality Dashboards (CQD), etc.
- Familiarity with concepts for distribution lists, security groups, and M365 Groups.
- Strong experience architecting and building applications to be deployed to Microsoft Azure.
- Provide strategic technical guidance to KP leadership and development teams to implement Microsoft Teams best practices and execution for high performing marketing campaigns, teams and business units.
- Leverage expertise with complimentary communications tools like Zoom, etc.
- Drives the execution of multiple work streams by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and updating new procedures and policies; gaining cross-functional support for objectives and priorities; translating business strategy into actionable business requirements; obtaining and distributing resources; setting standards and measuring progress; removing obstacles that impact performance; guiding performance and developing contingency plans accordingly; solving highly complex issues; and influencing the completion of project tasks by others.
- Practices self-leadership and promotes learning in others by soliciting and acting on performance feedback; building collaborative, cross-functional relationships; communicating information and providing advice to drive projects forward; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; providing feedback to others, including upward feedback to leadership; influencing, mentoring, and coaching team members; fostering open dialogue amongst team members; evaluating and responding to the strengths and weaknesses of self and unit members; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Leads development of the architecture strategy and technology direction over technical domains by collaborating with executives to translate business and IT objectives into architectural approach.
- Provides expertise and shares an understanding of current capability gaps, architectural gaps, and market and industry trends that can be used to set future direction.
- Leads the definition and communication of architecture standards, guidelines, and statements of direction by providing expertise and guidance to architects on the design and establishment of architecture standards to ensure alignment with IT strategy and target architecture.
- Reviews, contributes to, and approves architecture standards or controls which allow business needs to be met.
- Develops and establishes architectural best practices that guide the design of technology solutions.
- Develops and maintains the architecture for assigned domain(s) (for example, data, infrastructure), and takes accountability for ensuring alignment with IT strategy and target state architecture.
- Provides the vision for strategic roadmaps to align business, applications, data, integration, and/or infrastructure architecture.
- Manages the development of transition plans for moving from the current to the target state architecture.
- Provides consulting to architects on developing architecture designs.
- Helps create the vision for adopting new high-impact technologies by researching technical trends and developments.
- Partners with IT and business senior leadership to facilitate and influence decisions regarding technology investment.
- Drives innovation across the team using a deep understanding of how enterprise architecture works within the organization.
- Takes accountability for ensuring adoption of architecture best practices for assigned domain(s) and educates others throughout the organization on the function of architecture methodologies, governance, and standards by serving as a subject matter expert across business and/or IT teams, and presenting to internal and external audiences, including senior leadership.
- Builds partnerships with architects and other stakeholders to facilitate the continuous development and drive consensus on changes to the companys architecture practices.
- Takes accountability for ensuring appropriate reporting to executives, business leaders, and IT management to communicate the impact of architecture practices.
- Minimum three (3) years experience with modeling techniques (e.g., BPMN, UML, ER).
- Minimum four (4) years experience translating solution requirements into technical architecture requirements.
- Minimum four (4) years in a technical leadership role with or without direct reports.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, CIS, Engineering, Business, or related technical field and Minimum ten (10) years IT experience delivering technical solutions, including at least Minimum four (4) years in IT architecture.
- Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
License, Certification, Registration:
- Two (2) years supervisory experience.
- Three (3) years of work experience in a role requiring interaction with executive leadership (e.g., Vice President level and above)
- Four (4) years experience in a leadership role of a large matrixed organization.
- Four (4) years experience working with IT vendors.
- Six (6) years experience architecting, designing, and implementing enterprise-scale, high volume, high availability systems.
- Six (6) years experience establishing and documenting standards, guidelines, and best practices.
- Three (3) years experience working with Enterprise Architecture frameworks, such as TOGAF or Zachman.
- Four (4) years experience working with an IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework.
- Three (3) years experience with commercial off-the-shelf package integration.
- Three (3) years data architecture experience.
- Three (3) years application architecture experience.
- Three (3) years infrastructure architecture experience.
- Three (3) years information security experience.
- Three (3) years experience working with health systems.
- Three (3) years experience working with large corporate or enterprise business systems.
- Three (3) years experience working with emerging technologies related to architecture.
- Masters degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, CIS, or related field.
Central Support Expansion Land, 16601 E. Centretech Pkwy., Aurora,Colorado, 80011 Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM Working Hours End: 05:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-IT-01|NUE|Non Union Employee Job Level: Individual Contributor Specialty: Architecture Department: KPIT ADMIN - ITO WT TECH OVSIGHT - 9601 Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.