Principal IT Engineer Applications - Condition ManagementPleasanton, CA
The KP Digital experience is a people experience. The products and solutions we create impact Kaiser Permanente’s more than 12 million members and their families, all working toward total health. Our goal is simple — center on the everyday moments that matter for our members, care teams, brokers, and employees, and make them better with innovative digital products. KP Digital team members are agile and with sharp attention to detail, who apply creative, out-of-the-box thinking and active listening skills in collaboration with teammates and stakeholders like physicians, hospital leaders, health plan market leaders, and more. Join us for the opportunity to define what good looks like in digital health and make an impact along the way.
- Job Level: Individual Contributor
- Travel: No
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
These are the traits of the most successful members of our digital team.
More About Kaiser Permanente
Leading in a Crisis
Prat Vemana and his team had to respond quickly to execute and mobilize a strategy for the pandemic that would work across the company’s vast integrated health system.
The Webcam Will See You Now
Telemedicine apps, invented for rural patients, have a critical new role during the coronavirus: keeping you and doctors at a safe distance.
We truly believe ideas can come from anyone and anywhere. If you are change-ready and change-driven, join an environment where innovation is both the standard and something we can all contribute to.
Principal IT Engineer Applications - Condition Management
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
The Principal IT Engineer Applications (Condition Management) reporting to the Sr. Director of Engineering is a multi-facetted deeply technical role in the Manage My Health Condition experience group within Kaiser Permanente Digital (KPD). The Manage My Health Condition experience group is building web and mobile applications focused on condition management use-cases to be deployed on the App stores for use by members and clinicians from all KP regions.
This ‘individual contributor tech guru’ is not embedded in any of the squads but their work spans everything being done under MMHC Experience Group.
Responsibilities in the Delivery Track would be:
- Technical ownership and working with all the teams in a hands-on capacity as they built the platform, api frameworks as well as front end web and mobile applications.
- Collaborate with the solutions architect of the experience group, including driving and delivering proof of concept work – some hands-on work including coding might be required.
- Collaborate with all the squad level tech leads to help them with in-depth technical solutioning for the prioritized work.
- Collaborate with the delivery manager and the release train engineer within MMHC experience group as their go-to ‘tech-guru’.
- Attend Scrum of Scrum calls and other Agile meetings as needed to provide support and provide technical direction to the teams.
- Work closely with the delivery lead for removing roadblocks and escalating any delivery issues.
- Knowledge on mobile architecture is a plus
Responsibilities in Discovery Track would be:
- Technical evaluations of ‘Intakes’ which are requirements from other KP teams.
- Participate in group level roadmap sequencing to ensure from a technical perspective we have the right assumptions.
- Attend all group level stakeholder meetings with teams and take on technical action items as well as drive discussions since the audience in these meetings are usually technical solution focused.
- Jump in and lead teams whenever there are escalations/production issues.
- Participate in yearly roadmap planning to identify dependencies, provide high level LOE, and take on technical research.
- Lead proof of concepts – at times may require hands-on-coding.
- Documentation of technical solution implementation
- API design to support omni channel member experience
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate exemplary technical skills as part of the interview process.
The MMHC teams currently operate in the Agile Model and this candidate should be comfortable utilizing the latest Agile delivery methodologies and tools, while balancing the need for transparency, metrics tracking, and documentation quality.
Experience working with global (onshore & offshore) development teams is highly desirable.
- Minimum five (5) years experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of solutions applying development life cycles (e.g., SDLC).
- Minimum two (2) years in a technical leadership role with or without direct reports.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field and Minimum eight (8) years experience in software development or a related field. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Two (2) years of work experience in a role requiring interaction with senior leadership (e.g., Director level and above)
- Four (4) years of experience in systems analysis, including defining technical requirements and performing high level design for complex solutions.
- Four (4) years of experience writing technical documentation in a software development environment.
- Three (3) years of experience working with Git source code control.
- Three (3) years of experience in test-driven application development.
- Three (3) years of experience in web service development.
- Three (3) years of development experience with Agile Methodology
- Three (3) years of development experience with Android apps
- Three (3) years of development experience on Microsoft Azure
- Three (3) years of development experience using DevOps
- Three (3) years of development experience with iOS apps
- Three (3) years of development experience with Java
- Three (3) years of development experience with Jenkins
- Three (3) years of development experience with Node.js
- Three (3) years of development experience with responsive UI (HTML 5, CSS3, etc.)
- Three (3) years of development experience with Service Oriented Architecture/web services
- Three (3) years of development experience with Splunk
- Three (3) years of development experience with the Spring framework
- Master's degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field.
Location options: CA (SoCal or NCAL), GA, WA, CO, OR, DC, MD or NY. (With the option of working mostly remote)
Corona Data Center Admin, 1830 California Ave., Corona,California, 92881
Latham Computer Ctr, 36 British American Blvd., Latham,New York, 12110
Greenwood Plaza IT, 6560 Greenwood Plaza Blvd., Greenwood Village,Colorado, 80111
Pershing Point Plaza IT, 1375 Peachtree St. NE, Atlanta,Georgia, 30309
Amberglen KPIT Administration, 2430 NE John Olsen Ave. Ste. 200, Hillsboro,Oregon, 97006
New Carrollton Administration, 4000 Garden City Dr., Hyattsville,Maryland, 20785
Renton Administration - Adams, 2921 Naches Ave. SW, Renton,Washington, 98057 Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM Working Hours End: 05:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-IT-01|NUE|Non Union Employee Job Level: Individual Contributor Specialty: IT ENG Applications Department: KPIT ADMIN - KPD CAS MGMT - 9601 Travel: No Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Our compensation and benefits are designed to help you and your family stay healthy and thrive in and beyond work.
Medical, Vision, & Dental
Education & Tuition
Career Growth & Development
Vacation, Holiday, & Sick Leave
As a new organization, KP Digital will reinvent how we approach digital challenges — from the products we create to the way we work to the talent we hire. As part of this new team, you must be as knowledgeable as you are curious, willing to try new things, even if it means failing fast. We foster a culture of learning but leave your path up to you. In every opportunity we see growth, and in this growth you could see limitless opportunities.
What Our People Say
Data Science & Analytics
“Every day, I leverage technology to power digital transformation in health care and deliver meaningful and impactful experiences for our members. More importantly, I enjoy working with team members and leaders who are vested in your success at KP Digital!”
“I work with a highly collaborative and inclusive team of designers, researchers, product owners, and engineers. We’re committed to a design centric decision-making process and providing the best digital experiences we can.”
Consumer Experience Engineering
“KP Digital employees are assured of career growth through a wide spectrum of ongoing training opportunities that include essential soft skills as well as upcoming new technologies.”
Consumer Experience Engineering
“Working for KP Digital helped me realize my dream of impacting the community by applying a digital first mindset to the solutions we create. I am very fortunate to work with a high performing and passionate team committed to making things happen!”
Don’t be shy. Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.