Celebrating Inner Strength
With a wealth of resources and encouragement at your disposal, you can focus on helping your patients sustain their journey to better health.
Psychiatric Technician - Grade 540Location: Pleasanton, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 777062 Date posted: 03/12/2019
The Licensed Psychiatric Technician, under the direction of and in collaboration with a Registered Nurse, provides nursing care, milieu management including appropriate administration of medical treatment (including medications) as prescribed by the physician. Six months experience working in an acute mental health treatment setting within the past four years. Current Psychiatric Technician license by the state of California.
- Establishes and maintains a therapeutic relationship with all patients.
- Administers medication and treatments to patients.
- Attends, participates in, and facilitates, as needed, community meetings and therapeutic groups.
- Coordinates discharges by ensuring that discharge orders are written, and that discharge medication and clothing are given to the patient, family, or others assisting with the discharge.
- Completes appropriate documentation as assigned.
- Transcribes physician orders accurately and in a timely manner.
- Participates as a team member in all unit activities, reports observations, documents observations, and asks appropriate questions when clarification are necessary.
- Implements patient treatment plans in coordination with the treatment team.
- Keeps the RN and other team members informed of patient behavior and changes in patient condition.
- Notifies the RN and other team members in regard to patients who are clinical management concerns.
- Acts as a role model in maintaining a hopeful and positive attitude in problem solving.
- Ensures that supplies and medications necessary for patient care are ordered and available.
- Observes, records and reports patients' social, medical and psychiatric presentation.
- Participates in admission and discharge and daily data acquisition processes by collecting and documenting data as directed by the RN.
- Promotes and assists patients in developing self-help skills.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
- In addition to defined technical requirements, accountable for consistently demonstrating service behaviors and principles defined by the Kaiser Permanente Service Quality Credo, the KP Mission as well as specific departmental/organizational initiatives.
- Also accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, and to purchasers, contracted providers and vendors.
- Consistently supports compliance and the Principles of Responsibility (KP's code of conduct) by maintaining confidentiality, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable Federal and State laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and KP policies and procedures.
- Six months experience working in an acute mental health treatment setting within the past four years.
- Graduate of an accredited Psychiatric Technician Program, or otherwise qualified for California licensure as a Psychiatric Technician.
- Current Psychiatric Technician license by the state of California.
- BLS required.
- Successful completion of medication administration tests related to medication knowledge, competency and dosage calculations.
- Demonstrated understanding of psychiatric illness and its treatment.
- Competency in data collection and documentation of data collected.
- Demonstrated knowledge of psychotropic medications.
- Knowledge of the laws and regulations governing the delivery of mental health services in the State of California.
- Willingness to develop / enhance competencies in managing the milieu in a PHF.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other incumbents of the organization
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care Careers
Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care Careers
Backed by a committed interdisciplinary team of health care professionals, you'll provide high-quality treatment for patients with behavioral health and/or bio-psychological concerns, including those in psychological crisis.
With the strength of our network at your fingertips, you'll be sure your patients receive prompt, appropriate referrals across our organization with no barriers to the continuity of care. Opportunities and specialty settings range from substance abuse to social work and autism to eating disorders.
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Case Managers
- Clinical Psychologists
- Clinical Social Workers
- Health Educators
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Medical Social Workers
- Psychiatric Social Workers
- Addiction Medicine/Chemical Dependency
- Chronic Pain Management
- Eating Disorders
- Employee Assistance
- Help Line/Psychiatric Call Center
- Home Health
- Medical Social Work
- Palliative Care
- Psychiatric Emergency Team (PET)
- Psychiatry (Adult, Adolescent & Child)
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Feb 2, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Positive opinion of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)
Excellent benefits. Great calibre of employees, respectful workplace. Very forward thinking and fosters innovation.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.