Sales Business Consultant
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
The California New Sales department at Kaiser Permanente is responsible for bringing in new members for the organization through commercial groups in the state of California. Sustainable membership growth is a key part of Kaiser Permanente’s mission to provide affordable, patient-centered healthcare and our line of business is responsible for $700 million+ in annual revenue and growth of over 100,000+ members annuallyThe Business Consultant reports to and works closely in partnership with the Area Vice President. You’ll play a key role by supporting market strategies and initiatives, providing critical insight through analytical reporting, applying and honing skills in strategic business consulting and partnership with sales leadership. As Business Consultant you would also work with sales leadership on coordinating with other departments to align on sales efforts and holistically foster strategic growth for the organization.
Are you excited about using your curiosity, problem-solving, collaboration and communication skills to further Kaiser Permanente’s membership growth and sales efforts? If so, we’d like to talk to you.
Business Consulting: Includes analysis/evaluation of business and/or system process and functional requirements, development of business cases, client support during system development and implementation, development and maintenance of service level agreements. Develops relationships with upstream and downstream business partners. Develops/maintains and changes business processes, and understands the business processes of assigned partners and how they relate to our functional areas. Develops and recommends changes to business processes.
- Broad application of principles, theories, and concepts in applicable discipline, plus working knowledge of other related fields.
- Uses professional concepts in accordance with company objectives to solve complex problems in creative and effective ways.
- This job is the fully-qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
- Demonstrates functional area business processes and assigned and thoroughly understands cross-functional areas.
- Directs the analysis of enterprise-wide or very complex client needs in project areas such as new/existing business operating models, innovative approaches to solutions support, market research of emerging or available product functionality and operational readiness assessment.
- Directs the development of comprehensive and strategic business cases with cost/benefit dimensions of proposed projects that are used at management and executive levels for funding and scope decisions.
- Accountable for tracking and/or monitor and report for senior mgmt the results of actualization of benefits.
- Directs/conducts the analysis of current business processes and functional requirements.
- Prepares appropriate documentation to communicate and validate the information.
- May develop project plans.
- Identifies and coordinates within other project managers and implements schedule deadlines as appropriate.
- Manages common resource demands.
- Provides on-going project management and status reporting at all levels.
- Provides advice and input into the project plan.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience, to include a minimum three (3) years in a consulting role.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in a relevant environment such as a healthcare environment.
- Bachelor's degree in business/health care administration or related discipline OR four (4) years additional relevant experience.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Influences multiple cross-functional and/or multiple cross divisional task forces to identify and document functional requirements, workflow, information sources and system/process specifications.
- May establish cross-functional task forces.
- Thorough knowledge of platforms of the assigned functional areas and multiple cross functionally based on assignment.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Bachelor's degree in health care administration or related discipline preferred.
- Certification or advanced qualification by third party association that matches the function or field applicable to the business discipline (such as AHIP or HIAA) preferred.
- Certification by professional society or industry group such as AHIP or HIAA preferred.
1800 Harrison, 1800 Harrison St., Oakland,California, 94612
Service and Admin, 3100 Thornton Ave., Burbank,California, 91504
S. Sacramento Service Building, 6600 Bruceville Rd., Sacramento,California, 95823 Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM Working Hours End: 05:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-PO-01|NUE|Non Union Employee Job Level: Individual Contributor Department: Oakland Reg - 1800 Harrison - HP Mgr-District II - 7016 Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.