Senior Director of Category Management, Information Technology (Open to all KP authorized states)
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Define and deliver value to members and business partners in alignment with KPs mission. Responsible for the development and management of strategic sourcing strategies for IT and Services categories. Lead a team of direct reports in delivering value from Total Health Spend Optimization. Work closely with KP Senior Management and/or their designees to manage spend in excess of $2.5 B+ in annual spend as part of Kaiser Permanentes program-wide procurement strategy. Aware of and stays current on external and internal influences that may impact the Portfolio as well as the larger Sourcing Organization team (Healthcare Reform, macroeconomic issues, etc.). Identifies relationship, strategic sourcing and process improvement opportunities that align with business partners goals. Owns and builds senior management relationships. This person directly interacts with Senior Internal stakeholders and oversees the implementation of stakeholder goals through the management of the performance of the associated sourcing teams. Work closely with the Vendor Management Office, and other Portfolio Managers to build supplier relationships with key and critical suppliers. Establish annual goals and manages team to achieve successful performance.
- Customer Interface: Working with key customers: Identify and understand their key initiatives. Identify and understand their short, medium and long term goals and objectives. Determine to what extent they are maximizing their supplier relationships. Agree on performance metrics which will be met by utilizing the greater PS team. Work with key suppliers to identify and pursue opportunities to drive major changes in KPs cost structure to drive affordability and care-related innovations to drive care quality for our patients.
- Sourcing and Procurement Leadership - Collaborate with senior-level executives in formulating and implementing category sourcing strategies for IT and services categories. Provide guidance and leadership to direct reports and internal clients, to ensure delivery of required business performance across sourcing categories.
- Process - Establish Category Management and Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) as core sustainable processes and enablers of delivery. Expand the use of KPs Sourcing Management Procurement Process (SMP) into new areas of spend.
- Performance - Responsible and accountable for leading their team in achieving Savings and Environmental goals along with their peers and colleagues; in addition, they will be responsible to help our program improve overall affordability and further advance KP community benefit results in the EPP (Environmentally Preferable Purchasing) space, and in our results for federal contracting reporting.
- Change Management - Adopting change practices with customers and stakeholders, building and implementing successful and collaborative stakeholder relationships. Exemplify the Sourcing organizational structure by ensuring that we fully use the matrix organization to deliver higher results through better stakeholder interaction and further drive accountability through the team.
- Additional detailed responsibilities/functions to support above: Stay current on external and internal influences that may impact the larger Sourcing Organization (as well as KP clients programwide), including Healthcare Reform, macroeconomic issues, etc. Identify sourcing, SRM and process improvement opportunities that align with business partners goals. Interact with Senior Internal stakeholders and oversee the implementation of stakeholder goals through the sourcing organization. Work closely with Portfolio, Supplier Relationship Management, and Sourcing teams (based on role), to build supplier relationships with key and critical suppliers. Collaborate with other Portfolio Leads, Sourcing, Procurement Operations, Supply Chain, Finance and SRM COE Teams to advance Category Management capabilities . Facilitate customer relationship building within the Sourcing organization. Develop and track key metrics for their specific Portfolio, SRM or Sourcing Programs.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience including practice and leadership of category management in blue-chip procurement organizations.
- Bachelors degree in business administration, finance, operations research, materials management, economics or related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Experience in deploying and utilizing structured strategic sourcing methodology and leading cross functional teams.
- Experience in managing large category spend.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Masters or law degree preferred OR six (6) years of experience in a directly related field.
Dole Service Center, 680 Iwilei Rd. Ste. 101 201 255 300 and 490, Honolulu,Hawaii, 96817
East Annex - Parsons, 75 N. Fair Oaks Ave., Pasadena,California, 91103
Kaiser Permanente Building, 500 NE Multnomah St., Portland,Oregon, 97232
Greenwood Plaza IT, 6560 Greenwood Plaza Blvd., Greenwood Village,Colorado, 80111
Pershing Point Plaza IT, 1375 Peachtree St. NE, Atlanta,Georgia, 30309
New Carrollton Administration, 4000 Garden City Dr., Hyattsville,Maryland, 20785
Renton Administration - Rainier, 2715 Naches Ave. SW, Renton,Washington, 98057 Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM Working Hours End: 05:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-PO-01|NUE|Non Union Employee Job Level: Director/Senior Director Department: Po/Ho Corp - Strategic Sourcing - 0308 Pay Range: $206600 - $267300 / year The ranges posted above reflect the location in the job posting. The salary range may vary if you reside in a different location or state than the location posted. Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time At Kaiser Permanente, equity, inclusion and diversity are inextricably linked to our mission, and we aim to make it a part of everything we do. We know that having a diverse and inclusive workforce makes Kaiser Permanente a better place to receive health care, a more supportive partner in our communities we serve, and a more fulfilling place to work. Working at Kaiser Permanente means that you agree to and abide by our commitment to equity and our expectation that we all work together to create an inclusive work environment focused on a sense of belonging and wellbeing.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest