Employee Development Starts With You
Our employees depend on our education and training professionals to foster their growth and professional development — helping to ensure we continue providing world-class care.
Sr E Learning Instructional DesignerLocation: Pleasanton, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 866959 Date posted: 02/20/2020
- Apply advanced project management skills and methodologies to the instructional design process, including assessment, job analysis, course design and development.
- Develops Web-based learning and executes web based learning strategies in conjunction with key stakeholders.
- Design, conduct and evaluate post instruction outcomes using current learning evaluation methods.
- Attend team meetings; track decisions and take ownership of action items that emerge from the discussions.
- Author using web-based programs, MS Office suite and HMTL writing program.
- Leads strategic efforts to design and script large, complex interactive projects.
- Develop E-Learning objectives and assessments.
- Develop storyboard/script with text, voice, sound, graphics, descriptions and instructions for production team.
- Manage the review and revision cycles.
- Report on task and deliverable completions.
- Conduct quality assurance testing of produced content.
- Ensure consistency with established course design strategies.
- Lead, mentor and advise colleagues and peers within the department to achieve team goals.
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience in planning and designing inter-active multimedia training tools, including instructional design, course development, and in project management.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience in using computer based tools in the development, management and the delivery of ELearning products and in managing knowledge management projects.
- Bachelor's degree in instructional design, education, business, or communication required OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Proficiency in HTML and applications on the internet required.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment, to multitask, and to work within aggressive timeframes.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have effective interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Have sound judgment; excellent organizational and client consulting skills.
- Must be organized, able to act independently, have an eye for detail and can put ideas into a tangible form.
- Able to work with and train people with a wide variety of technical and non-technical skills and backgrounds.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree in Instructional Design preferred.
- Video Instructional Design Experience.
- LCMS Experience.
- Training Plan Development Experience.
- E-Portfolio of Work.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Education & Training Careers
Careers In Education & Training
Our education and training teams dedicate their attention to the ongoing development of our many health and business professionals to improve the overall performance of the organization. Work includes identifying training needs, designing learning strategies, defining instructional courses, and harboring an ongoing commitment to leadership development, organizational effectiveness, and instructional management.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
January 11, 2020
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Interesting and challenging projects, excellent benefits, awesome co-workers, and ability to work from homeFull Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.