VP, Revenue Management TechnologyLocation: Pleasanton, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 725322 Date posted: 08/10/2018
The Digital Corporate Services and Solutions (DCSS) organization is responsible for many significant initiatives in Kaiser Permanente (KP) Information Technology (IT), including, but not limited to, the Consumer Digital Strategy, Onelink, My HR, Consumer Financial Experience and the Revenue Management Strategy. This position will co-lead with business and IT leaders the development of a multi-year strategy for the implementation and delivery of an enterprise Revenue Management Program. Improving our revenue cycle processes and technology through standardization will require a large multi-year program that will be supported by a complex technology strategy, architecture and delivery model. In addition, this position will: Collaborate with the Revenue Management executive business leaders from concept to deliver a comprehensive set of innovative products, services and experiences into the marketplace to enhance our consumer experience while improving revenue management capabilities. Examples include Member Payment and Check-In Kiosks (in Kaiser Permanente Clinical Facilities), Single Member Billing Statements, Enablement of Apple Pay by our KP Members, etc. This will require enhanced experience design and IT capabilities that support patient access, health information management & patient financial services. Establish strategic partnerships with external vendors that are critical to the delivery of the Revenue Management Program. Managing an implementation of -buy- solutions will be key to delivering an industry standard solution for KP-s revenue cycle processes. Create and lead a large program IT execution team that will meet all KP Large Program standards. [Large Programs standards refers the Board of Directors Large Program Handbook. Large Programs are defined as programs greater than $50M. The Handbook and Standards define the processes and governance under which these programs must be managed.] This will be an enterprise, cross-disciplinary team that will not only work across KP IT but multiple vendor solutions. Strong collaboration with Enterprise Architecture, Technology Risk Office, Cloud Application Services, Infrastructure Management Group, Health Plan BIO, Regional IT BIOs, IT compliance and procurement will be critical to this program-s success. Architect, design and execute on an end-to-end transformation of the Revenue Management technology platform to deliver seamless, personalized experiences for our Kaiser Permanente consumers. Develop key performance levels and indicators used to assess the effectiveness and accuracy of the Revenue Cycle experience (to our consumers) and processes. Partner with our Application Services Group and Infrastructure Management Group to design an operations model that will ensure that performance levels and indicators are monitored and proactively managed. In partnership with business leaders, establish large program management and processes including change management, stakeholder engagement and communications strategy for the Revenue Cycle strategy/program.
- This leader will establish extensive collaborative relationships with business partners, regional, IT and national leadership to drive the Revenue Cycle technologies delivery throughout the entire project lifecycle. These partnerships are essential to all parties- business planning, investment planning, technical strategic planning, project management and all other systems and plans needed to support these efforts.
- In partnership with business leaders, develop strategic roadmap and respective business cases that execute on business strategies and highlight financial return on investment.
- Build a strong Revenue Management IT organization that will leverage the best practices of human center design, IT Product Management, design and development through agile methodology, use of automation (continuous integration/continuous deployment), re-use of shared technical services (platforms, application services and technical services), and Program Management.
- Design, develop and lead implementation of technology strategies, architectures & roadmaps for an enterprise Revenue Management function. Partnering with Enterprise Architecture, Chief Technology Officer, and BIOs to architect robust technology solutions that will deliver the desired consumer experience.
- Work with the Application Services Group (ASG), design, build and lead a tier 1 and tier 2 support model, with defined service levels and performance indicators for continuous improvement.
- Establish a vendor management practice that will include sourcing of a strategic partner, measuring performance, managing relationships, and providing feedback loop on vendor performance with use of data/metrics, re-setting performance expectations, and meeting business and consumer performance requirements.
- Develop a change leadership strategy and execution plan - communicates change leadership plan appropriately and continuously; readily informs stakeholders enterprise-wide of progress, issues, technical matters, financial planning needs, and status of emerging plans and work underway to ensure they are fully-informed. Working with key leaders in the organization to help drive change throughout the organization in support of transforming KP-s current regional approach to Revenue Management to an industry leading shared services model.
- Fifteen (15) years of progressively more responsible IT related experience, including roles providing technical leadership and management of development teams.
- Bachelor-s degree in computer science or related field.
License, Certification, Registration
- Experience working in a healthcare-oriented organization is preferred.
- Experience with DevOps practice is a plus.
- Experience and working knowledge of Healthcare Revenue Management processes / function
- Work experience must include proven success in senior leadership positions, reporting to executive leadership, and demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the business of IT.
- Must have successfully led highly complex projects with tight deliverables and significant impact in large IT, high volume transaction based environments.
- Must have experience with Agile methodology
- Demonstrated autonomy to work in highly complex, matrixed environments with multiple stakeholders and high degree of ambiguity is essential.
- Able to lead a distributed software development team including on-shore and off-shore resources.
- Revenue cycle technology experience is preferred.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Jan 18, 2018
"Best place I've ever worked"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 10 years)
A company that consistently focuses on doing the right thing for members, patients, employees, and communities. Employees are collaborative and consensus is prized. Company's mission is progressive. Employees' quality of life is an important consideration for management. Excellent benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.