Research & Development
Innovation in Practice
Operating one of the industry’s largest and most respected research programs, Kaiser Permanente employs nearly 1,800 research experts at 9 specialized centers across the country. With a research budget of $221 million and more than 2,500 studies and clinical trials underway at any given time, this is a place where you can have a profound impact on the future of health.
Administrative Assistant, Research ProjectsLocation: Portland, OR Job Number: 940375 Date posted: 03/13/2021
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- (Administrative) Support and assist more senior project managers, research associates, clinic coordinators, and/or PIs in the coordination of hiring of project staff. Provide assistance and support for all project meetings and conference calls.
- (Quality Assurance) Support the development of quality assurance procedures, and assist with the monitoring of data collection, and data transfers in accordance with CHR policies and procedure. Understand the importance of protections implemented for research participants and assist with the preparation of annual IRB reviews.
- (Grant/Contract Management): Support the project manager, RA, clinic coordinator, or PI in the administration of the grant/contract per federal rules and regulations and/or specific grant/contract language. Understand the operational budget and sub-contracts; track documentation and authorization of payment of study related bills. Interact with CHR finance department to track budget and reporting compliance. Support the coordination of the development of the continuation budget. Support the development of new proposal budgets. Provide assistance in the preparation of project reports for PI review and approval.
- (Dissemination) Support the process of summarizing and sharing project information with other sites. Support senior project manager, research associate, clinic coordinator, and/or PI in the maintaining regular contact with other project administrators in order to share information and ideas. Assist with the tracking of papers in process for projects, with planning for project papers and posters to be presented at national and international conferences. Performs other duties as requested.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in any position in a research environment - OR - a minimum three (3) years of experience as an administrative support person in any environment.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Thorough understanding of an administrative support role which includes recording and modifications to the project plan, documentation of project team meetings, tracking expenditures to the budget and the implementation and tracking of quality assurance plans.
- Effective communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of system software applications and skilled in the use of: MSWord, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrates customer-focused service skills.
- Minimum one (1) year in a professional training program.
- Thorough knowledge of the health-related research, from proposal submission through data collection and analysis to dissemination of findings.
- Comprehensive understanding of an administrative support role which includes the recording and modifications to the project plan, documentation of project team meetings, tracking expenditures to the budget and the implementation and tracking of quality assurance plans.
- Comprehensive knowledge of system software applications: MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, MSProject.
- The ability to work semi-independently to proactively identify problems or concerns that might affect a project and to implement a resolution once problems are identified.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Research & Development Careers
Careers in Research & Development
Recognized worldwide for their scientific expertise, our researchers collect data on topics including cardiovascular disease, diabetes, mental health, and drug safety — just to name a few.
In addition to studies centered at these facilities, our physicians and researchers conduct clinical trials of new drugs, medical devices, and other therapies through several organized centers and independently at single sites. Put together, Kaiser Permanente's research centers and scientists comprise one of the largest and most comprehensive nonacademic research programs in the United States.
As a member of this team, you'll engage in meaningful work that has the power to affect outcomes and improve global health. Focused on areas like public-sector health services, epidemiology, and behavioral and clinical research, the work you do will ultimately allow us to improve the cost effectiveness and quality of the care we deliver — all while saving lives.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!
Join Kaiser Permanente's Talent Network
Sign up to receive information about opportunities that relate to your interests.