Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Anesthesia Technician IILocation: Portland, OR Additional Locations:
Job Number: 865173 Date posted: 03/24/2020
- Practice standards of performance. Overall Job Accountabilities & Responsibilities: Self motivated, seeks supervision/consultation or refers to another resource when unable to perform safely, effectively or w/in role. Assist w/, set-up, & operate rapid infuser. Demonstrates positive interaction w/ the public, employees, supervisors & clinicians/providers in accordance w/ Organizational Behavior Guidelines & unit norms. Presents a professional appearance & calming approach w/ patients & staff, demonstrates honest & ethical behavior. Handles patient & employee information w/ appropriate sensitivity & safeguarding to ensure confidentiality & right to privacy; uphold HIPPA standards. Uses effective communication skills to minimize conflict &/or address difficult situations. Consistently demonstrates & incorporates principles of safety & infection control into daily activities as outlined in organization policies/procedures. Actively participates in safety & infection control program & activities as outlined as identified by specific program policies/procedures. Complies w/ Kaiser's Time Keeping Policy to accurately reflect productive time worked. Reports to work as scheduled & on time (per unit norms & policies), time away from work is approved & taken in accordance w/ established system policies. Demonstrates reliability & excellent attendance. Monitors & takes corrective action to prevent recurring absences. Returns promptly from breaks & schedules then to provide appropriate coverage. Restricts personal business to non-patient care areas duringbreak times. Responds to OR/PACU/SPU Code 99.
- Supplies & equipment daily routine: Monitors & maintains anesthesia machines & related equipment, including calibration & cleaning according to manufacturer's recommendation & department/hospital policy. Assemble & organize equipment as needed by the anesthesia staff provider. Maintain adequate workroom & anesthesia machine supply inventory through ordering & stocking from general stores, purchasing & pharmacy. Keep the anesthesia workroom neat, clean, & orderly. Decontaminate & clean supplies & equipment according to pre-established routines. Performs routine preventive maintenance checks on all equipment, respirators, laryngoscopes, & blood pressure cuffs. These duties are to be carried out between cases & at the beginning & end of the day. Handles & disposes of contaminated equipment following established protocols. Checks soda lime canisters daily & changes soda lime as necessary. Tags & processes any equipment needing repairs. Researches, stablishes, & maintains inventory of special supplies purchased by the Anesthesia Department. Performs & records Nitrous testing on all anesthesia machines. Check & replace O2 tanks, Nitrous tanks & air tanks. Perform V I-STAT or similar equipment & Glucometer calibrations as needed by site. Perform tasks as requested by anesthesia on I-Stat, Glucometer. Assists w/ regional blocks & lines as requested. Set up & operate rapid infusor. Performs any other specific tasks as assigned. Wipes down anesthesia equipment, BP cuff, leads, etc. at turnover of each case.
- Support & Educational Activities: Attends & constructively participates in scheduled department in- service programs & staff meetings. Demonstrates awareness of new information posted in the department communication notebook. Participates in continuing education. Promotes age specific & culturally sensitive care across the surgical continuum providing customer satisfaction. Supports & participates in the orientation experience of new employees & students.
- Special Assignments & projects: Completes special projects & assignments as directed by the Chief Anesthetist &/or their designated representative in order to meet the operational needs of the department. Assist anesthesia personnel in set-up of arterial or central lines. Assist in set-up & operate cell saver devices. Performs daily QI on all machines related to anesthesia & result reporting.
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Personal Qualifications: Knowledge of hospital & clinic settings w/ OR knowledge preferred. Ability to comprehend & carry out hospital policies & procedures. Ability to work in stressful situations & respond rapidly to requests.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience as an Anesthesia Technician.
- High school graduate.
License, Certification, Registration
- ASATT certification required upon hire/transfer.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required upon hire/transfer.
- Able to cover call and/or work weekend shifts.
- Two (2) - three (3) years of anesthesia tech experience.
- Advanced knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
- Basic hygiene concepts.
- Good body mechanics and safe lifting techniques.
- Independent worker able to prioritize activities and work quickly, self motivated.
- Knowledge and understanding of sterile technique.
- Good listening skills.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.