Assistant, Clinical Trials - Center for Health Research
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience collecting information using one of the following methods: telephone/face-to-face interviews, working with patients and study participants in clinical situation, medical record abstraction.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience collecting or processing data for research or quality assurance purposes.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required within one (1) month of hire/transfer.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, and disease processes; medical record organization and interpretation.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, and interviewing skills with people of all ages.
- Organized, detail oriented, self-directed, and dependable.
- Able to prioritize work, solve problems, and work independently.
- Able to function in a team environment and use negotiation skills.
- Phlebotomy experience.
- Laboratory processing experience.
- Fluent in Spanish.
- Knowledge of basic research ethics and principles.
- Skilled in working with personal computers.
- Experience in health research or research data collection.
- Familiarity with classification of disease processes (diseases, symptoms, procedure, lab/x-ray test, drugs, and episodic relationships.
- Demonstrating aptitude in the other two areas: telephone/face-to-face interviews, working with patients and study participants in clinical situation, medical record abstraction.
- Associate's degree or extensive college courses in social sciences or related field.
- Occasional Sat
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.