Assistant, Dental Member
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- All Dental Facilities: Effectively communicate with members and other office employees. Provide and request information of other departments and external firms. Assist other staff members and providers as needed to ensure orderly and efficient patient care. Explain to patients how they can get various information, e.g., our Information Center, their benefits office, etc. Represent Kaiser Permanente in a positive manner. Dental Offices Only: Receive patients during check-in and check-out process. Maintain current daily schedule. Document arrivals, cancellations, reschedules, etc. Instruct new patients to fill out Health Questionnaire and Personal Data Form. Verify personal data on Visit Slip. Update computer if personal data is incorrect. Determine, explain and collect all frees for services rendered in accord with the individual patients benefits, the Programs published fee schedule, and the cash handling policy. Check reception area periodically to assure prompt attention for all patients. Collect and review visit slips for proper completion and patients treatment status. Confirm future appointments. Enter all visit slip data into the computer regarding treatment that was done, what was paid, billed, or waived, and further treatment that is needed. Schedule patients appointments with providers. Schedule initial and return appointments according to established guidelines. Cancel and reschedule appointments as necessary.
- Answer staff questions regarding daily schedule. Relay pertinent information that may affect treatment or patient flow. Verify the printed schedule against the computer to double check for errors. Ensure all dental records are available according to updated printed schedule. Respond to chart requests made throughout the day. Screen requests for emergency schedules and appointments according to established guidelines. Notify auxiliary staff of emergency. Respond to OPD-requests and route them to appropriate personnel. Complete missing visit slip report. Ensure all visit slips are accounted for. Receive calls for office staff. Take and relay messages according to office policy. Assist in maintaining a clean and neat reception area and lounge. Check, bundle and return records to Dental Record Center. Complete a retained chart form for any charts held at facility. Balance cash drawer, complete bank deposit and perform other cash duties. In the event of an emergency, respond in accordance with established emergency guidelines. Answer Health Record Pull General Update (HPGU) and send charts to other clinics as necessary. Inventory business office supplies and forms. Perform other duties as assigned by the Dental Office Manager.
- Dental Contact Center/Staff Scheduling Center Only: Schedule patient appointments. Maintain awareness of department performance targets and strive to continually meet them. Receive patient telephone calls and schedule initial and return appointments according to established guidelines and/or existing treatment plans. Confirm, cancel or reschedule appointments as requested. Screen requests for emergency care and schedule according to guidelines. Relay pertinent information regarding same day appointments to individual facilities according to established guidelines. Initiate chart requests for forwarding to providers, for urgent need patients. Maintain thorough knowledge of provider scheduling protocols. Respond helpfully to dental office staff regarding appointment schedules. Performs other duties as assigned by the Dental Contact Center Supervisor/Lead Person.
- Follows appropriate policies and procedures for use of time in work environment, including absenteeism and tardiness. Monitors and takes corrective action to prevent recurring absences. Returns promptly from breaks and schedules them in concert with co-workers to provide appropriate coverage of unit and client care activities. Consistently on time and ready to work at the start of shift as well as assignments completed at end of shift. Maintains confidentiality of al client and organizational records. Releases information according to established policy/procedure. Demonstrates a positive attitude while at the work site. Does not conduct personal conversations when members are waiting for service. Does not discuss other staff members, organization, or medical care in public areas. Identifies self by utilizing name tags and verbally introducing self by name, title and/or department. Addresses members by their proper titles and last name. Provides assistance to customers or connect customers to appropriate person when needed. Applies the same courtesy standards to customers on the telephone as in person.
- Six (6) months health care/dental care OR six (6) months cash handling and/or customer service experience in a high volume customer service environment.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, flexibility and ability to switch tasks frequently.
- Professional telephone and patient reception manner.
- Two (2) years dental office experience.
- Dental office and computer skills.
- East side replacement pool supports Glisan, Clackamas, Rockwood, Gresham, Johnson Creek and Oregon City Dental Offices.
- Home location is the East side replacement pool. All new on-calls will be hired with availability in place for three (3) days per week.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest