Provide Critical Support
Our company doesn't run without our administrative professionals. Come join a team where you will utilize your strengths and have the opportunity for personal growth, empowering you to realize your potential.
CCS Patient Scheduler (Weekends) - Home HealthLocation: Portland, OR Job Number: 701705 Date posted: 05/15/2018
- Manages staffing/fulfillment/patient needs of the CCS Department by coordinating resources with the needs of the CCS Department by scheduling staff for home visits in a manner that makes possible maximum staff productivity and cost control.
- Matches patient needs and patient location with staff availability, skill, workload, union seniority and geographical assignments. Initiates supervisor contact to augment or reduce staff as necessary.
- Acts as a resource to supervisors, managers, directors, and support staff to meet informational needs.
- Analyzes, assesses, projects, and produces accurate and timely staff schedules to ensure appropriate staff/patient coverage.
- Follows appropriate regional and departmental policies and procedures, Local 49 and OFN union contracts.
- Effectively maintains daily accurate computerized records of admissions, discharges, visits needed, visits scheduled, staff availability and skills, visit allocation system points, and statistical data.
- Prepares daily statistical reports.
- Facilitates staff/patient visit scheduling that minimizes professional staff overtime and mileage, outside referrals and unnecessary visits while maximizing staff productivity and operational efficiency.
- Facilitates communication between physicians, patients/families, department supervisors and managers, Home Health/Hospice, Home Infusion, Palliative Care, and Physical Medicine staff using pagers, written messages, computers and voice mail.
- Effectively communicates with clinical supervisors to coordinate staff/patient visit needs.
- Makes decisions without prior approvals, which include creating solutions, problem solving/negotiating, conflict resolution, and setting personal work priorities.
- Informs appropriate staff of patient discharge or death in a timely manner.
- Participates in departmental quality management activities including performance measurement of scheduling processes.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. Submit Interest
About Administration, Clerical & Support Services Careers
Administration, Clerical & Support Services Careers
From greeting callers and visitors and answering questions to coordinating schedules and arranging meetings, our administrative, clerical, and support teams consistently demonstrate extraordinary knowledge, skills, and abilities. They provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, our members, purchasers, contracted providers, and vendors.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Jan 24, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 3 years)
The best benefits I've ever had, good pay, typically intelligent leaders. I'm proud of our CEO for speaking out against potential healthcare changes that would negatively impact Americans.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.