RN, Clinical Research Specialist IV, HYBRID (40 Hr Day)Portland, Oregon
At Kaiser Permanente our nurses are leaders, clinicians, researchers, innovators, and scientists who are contributing toward being an industry-leading voice for advancing evidence-based care. Whether supporting the patient directly in our hospitals or clinics, providing care at home, serving our patients through innovative virtual technology, or managing care delivery teams, Kaiser Permanente nurses utilize scientific evidence and our integrated care model to optimize the total health of our members and the communities we serve. We invite nurses who are passionate about nursing excellence, high-quality compassionate care delivery, professionalism, integrity, teamwork and patient and family centeredness to join our teams so that we can continue to sustain and build upon our culture of excellence.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Level: Individual Contributor
- Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
We’re looking for Nurse Leaders who possess the following traits.
- Socially Conscientious
We offer several benefits to our nurses.
Medical, Vision & Dental
Educational Opportunities & Tuition Reimbursement
Supportive Teams & Resources
Career Growth & Development
At Kaiser Permanente, we cultivate an environment of compassion, integrity, trust, and open communication that helps our teams do their best work. We believe that lifelong learning will expand our knowledge so we can better serve our patients. Our practice is rooted in research and evidence-based care. Our nurses reflect the rich diversity of our members and communities and provide culturally responsive and competent care that promotes understanding of our members needs and preferences. At Kaiser Permanente, nurses are highly skilled professionals who exemplify leadership, critical thinking, and collaborative problem solving and deliver the right care, at the right time, in the right setting.
What Our People Are Saying
Relief Charge Nurse
“Working as a nurse at Kaiser Permanente has allowed me the perfect flexible schedule so that I can volunteer as Girl Scout Leader and room parent for both my children. My kids know that I am a hardworking mother who can provide, as well as a mom who can be present and be there for them – and that means everything to me.”
RN, Advice Nurse
“Working for Kaiser Permanente has allowed me to take control of my future and make my goals a possibility. I feel that Kaiser Permanente allows me to keep climbing and moving. Having that ability truly makes me feel empowered.”
Registered Nurse IV
“Kaiser Permanente has taken me on a personal and educational growth journey. I am supported by a culture of excellence that allows me to be dedicated to patients and patients’ families every day at work. What an honor to be part of Kaiser Permanente.”.
Inpatient Lactation Consultant
“As an RN/IBCLC in Maternal Child, I’m meeting families at a pivotal time — I’m there to help launch a new family into the world. Everything I do has the potential to impact a family’s health for generations to come.”
Quality Coordinator RN
“In Hawaii, your community is your family — or ‘ohana.’ I am able to provide extraordinary patient-centered care to my ohana.”
Appointment and Advice RN
“The location is fantastic. Kaiser Permanente is all over the country. You can pick almost any environment you want – from ocean to mountain to city. You’ll still be able to contribute to our mission of providing high quality health care at a local facility.”
“I chose Kaiser Permanente because their staff and providers really show that they care about you. Also, throughout my 12 years of working here I’m always learning something new, and I’ve had many opportunities for growth and development.”
RN, Clinical Research Specialist IV, HYBRID (40 Hr Day)
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Perform project administration role to coordinate and implement small to moderate sized research projects involving human subjects. Maintain a thorough knowledge of Federal Drug Administration regulations, study protocols, human subject requirements, and health assessment skills used in the conduct of clinical trials and to collect accurate, detailed data. Consult with and provide leadership for the interdisciplinary project team to ensure completion of project goals. Provide consultative services for health care discipline issues.
- Perform Project Administration role on small clinical trials. Develop, implement, and monitor work strategies and plans required to operationalize study protocols. Monitor and adjust budgets to meet study needs. Prepare required project and IRB reports. Collaborate with Principal Investigator to ensure adherence to protocol requirements. Lead work team in developing, designing, and refining research procedures, forms, scripts, manuals, newsletters, and such other documents as required for the study. Coordinate activities with other study members. Provide functional supervision to work group. Prepare and facilitate project meetings. Take a leadership role in carrying out the agenda for team meetings; acts as a facilitator for project meetings. Initiate communication with other Kaiser Permanente departments involved in providing research-related services to ensure policies and practices are in place and appropriately executed. Develop necessary procedures in collaboration with these departments and other research staff members, promoting standardization where appropriate. Establish a positive relationship with individuals, families, and groups through effective oral and written communication skills. Contribute productively to problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Coordinate specific assignments that support achievement of the clinic/project goals. Participate in the development, implementation, and evaluation of study protocols, in collaboration with Principal Investigator and study team members. Assume responsibility for all aspects of daily operations. Develop and implement quality control plans. Monitor staff quality control and evaluate adherence to study protocol.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate, quality data collection, protocol interpretation: carry out complex procedures, medication administration, and compliance in specialized areas of clinical research. Perform all duties and responsibilities of the Clinical Research Specialist III. Practice according to professional, legal, and ethical standards. Supervise project work.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer-focused service. Develop and apply principles and strategies to promote participant retention and adherence to study protocols. Ensure that customer expectations are met or exceeded in a manner that demonstrates understanding of customer service principles and resolves customer complaints in a timely manner. Recognize colleagues and other Kaiser Permanente staff as internal customers.
- Function as an active member of a multi-disciplinary team. Function as a team member by role modeling and assisting others; demonstrate flexibility and promote a positive attitude. Develop and participate in collaborative relationships. Integrate the clinic purpose/mission/vision/values into practice. Intervene in and manage emergent medical situations, within scope of practice. Perform other duties as requested.
- Minimum four (4) years of clinic or health-related experience with patient contact.
- Minimum three (3) years of full-time paid, clinical research trial experience in human subjects.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience with word processing and spreadsheet applications required.
- Bachelors degree in a health-related field with requisite licensing or an associate degree or diploma in nursing OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Registered Nurse License (in the state where care is provided)
- Basic Life Support
- Basic knowledge of research regulations, methodology and terminology.
- Working knowledge of interviewing and counseling skills; clear, concise written and oral communication skills; ability to be self-directed and manage multiple priorities; technical skills such as phlebotomy, blood pressures, physical assessment.
- Able to assist participants on and off exam tables.
- Able to lift fifty (50) lbs.
- Demonstrated customer-focused service skills.
- See addendum for additional project-dependent skill set requirements.
- Minimum five (5) years of clinic or health-related experience with patient contact.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in coordinating small clinical trials.
- ACLS certified.
- Working knowledge of clinical pharmacology and research methodology; basic knowledge of health education.
- Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC) certification.
- Thorough knowledge of interviewing and counseling skills; technical skills such as ECGs and spirometry.
- Knowledge of computers, specifically word-processing and spreadsheets.
- Masters degree in nursing field with requisite licensing.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest
Ranked among the nation's best
Every hospital that's part of the Kaiser Permanente system earned “high performing” recognition in the latest U.S. News and World Report's annual rankings. That means all 39 of our hospitals are among the top 20% in the nation.
Awarded for excellence
We're proud that so many of our hospitals have earned Magnet status. It shows our real commitment to outcomes, safety, quality, efficiency, and, most importantly, to our nurses.
Recognizing nurses during Nurses Month in 2022
We're thanking each one of our 65,000 Kaiser Permanente nurses for everything they've done for us and for the nation. Thank you for choosing to be a nurse and for leading our transformation of care.
Experience nursing excellence
Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.