Communication & Public Affairs
Drive Our Reputation
We need our brand to stand out from the crowd, and our communications gurus make this possible. They are geniuses behind the bold, positive, and unique Kaiser Permanente brand. We need to add more outstanding public affairs experts to our exciting team to unleash their creativity and ensure our company's reputation accurately reflects the outstanding work we do.
COMMUNICATIONS CONSULTANT - Marketing Project ManagerLocation: Portland, OR Job Number: 938114 Date posted: 02/22/2021
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
The Communications Consultant is a vital team player responsible for providing communications consultation, planning, implementation and recommended solutions for multiple Kaiser Permanente programs and projects to meet internal and external organizational communication goals. Reporting to the Communications Manager, the Communications Consultant will be responsible for conceptualizing and leading communications projects and programs to fulfill strategic and operational goals.
- Strategic Communications Consulting: Provide communications consultation and guidance to assigned internal stakeholders.
- Develop and execute communications strategies that optimize specific communications domains and channels.
- Synthesize and distill complex ideas into distinct message platforms.
- Project leadership: Lead coordinators/cross functional team members to manage creation of on-time, onbrand, on-budget projects and tactics. Initiate project work through the creation of creative briefs, strategic messaging documents and cross-team kick-off meetings.
- Tactical Leadership: Apply domain expertise in one of the following: media relations, employee communications, executive communications or community engagement to programs and projects that advocate and support the advancement of strategic programs.
- Apply domain expertise in writing, editing of on-brand, on-strategy tactics and projects to include (but not limited to): media kits, newsletters, Web sites, tool kits, and other forms of communications to support the region's strategic communications requirements.
- Proofread and coordinate the production of communications materials.
- Ensure final placement of materials, including distribution, and provide miscellaneous follow up.
- Update content of stakeholder-specific and project regional or Program-wide web pages.
- Execute domain expertise to deliver measurable results in service of organizational and operational goals.
• Minimum four (4) years of experience in in-house integrated communications department or advertising agency.
• Minimum three (3) years of experience in a design firm, production house, in-house corporate communications department or advertising agency as an account executive, marketing executive, writer or creative assistant.
• Minimum one (1) years of communication consultation with clients/stakeholders.
• Recent experience participating in the planning and implementation of a complex communications plan/project for a large complex organization or agency.
• Experience tracking budgets.
• Experience with earned and social media.
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, journalism, english, business OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
• High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and ability to work influentially with a wide range of internal and external constituencies.
• Ability to communicate influentially and effectively about design issues and objectives.
• Ability to work professionally and confidently with senior leaders and stakeholders.
• Excellent problem-solving, negotiation and decision making skills and detail oriented.
• Proven project management skills.
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
• Working knowledge of project management software.
• Working knowledge of publication production.
• Working knowledge of portable document format (PDF) technologies, file transfer, encoding, and compression options.
• Working knowledge of marketing communications tactics and approaches.
• Working knowledge of web-based communication/new and social media.
• Ability to maintain high productivity amid competing priorities and tight deadlines.
• Ability to handle multiple projects at one time.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and serve as a consultant and resource to department clients.
• Minimum five (5) years of experience in integrated communications/PR department or advertising agency.
• Minimum four (4) years of experience in a design firm, production house, in-house corporate communications department or advertising agency as an account executive, marketing executive, writer.
• Minimum one (1) years of recent experience in planning and implementing complex communications plans and projects for a large complex organization, agency and health care background required, with track record of increasing responsibility.
• Minimum two (2) years of experience as a communication consultant (CSC I).
• Minimum two (2) years of experience in a consultative/advising role with clients/stakeholders.
• Experience setting and managing budgets.
• Master's degree in marketing communications, business, or related field.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Communications Careers
Careers In Communications
Communications combines numerous interrelated departments dedicated to advancing the Kaiser Permanente mission, promoting and protecting the Kaiser Permanente brand, and supporting the success of its strategy, including Corporate Communications, Issues and Brand Management, Public Relations, Media and Stakeholder Relations, Public Affairs, and more — both internally and externally.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!
Join Kaiser Permanente's Talent Network
Sign up to receive information about opportunities that relate to your interests.