Data Reporting and Analytics Consultant III, Biostatistics Biostatistics
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
In addition to the responsibilities listed below, this position is also responsible for contributing to the publication process by drafting method and results sections under the guidance of more senior employees; gathering data, creating tables, and interpreting data for publication purposes; documenting processes and decision points; and outlining procedures.
This position is also responsible for creating manual components; writing macros and distributable programs; creating advanced statistical models under the guidance of more senior employees, including identifying when assumptions have been violated; reviewing data for potential error, mistakes, and data quality issues; and breaking approved proposals into process steps.
- Pursues self-development and effective relationships with others by proactively providing resources, information, advice, and expertise with coworkers and customers; influencing others through technical explanations and examples; providing occasional mentoring to team members; listening and responding to, seeking, and addressing performance feedback; creating plans to capitalize on strengths and develop weaknesses; anticipating and responding to the needs of others; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Completes work assignments by applying up-to-date expertise in subject area to generate creative solutions; ensuring all procedures and policies are followed; leveraging an understanding of data, and resources to support projects or initiatives; collaborating cross-functionally to solve business problems; identifying and monitoring priorities, deadlines, and expectations; communicating progress and information; identifying, recommending, and implementing ways to address improvement opportunities; and escalating issues or risks as appropriate.
- Supports and develops analytical and/or statistical models enabling informed business decisions by determining data and analytical requirements; creating models leading to actionable insights; and testing, refining, and validating models.
- Gathers data and information on targeted variables in an established systematic fashion by validating data sources; querying, merging, and extracting data across sources; completing routine data refresh and update; developing and/or delivering tools for electronic data collection; and providing user training, support, and documentation.
- Supports data analysis interpretation by applying findings to contextual settings under the guidance of more senior employees; and developing reports and presentations telling a compelling story to stakeholders to enable and influence decision making.
- Develops, implements, and automates business and reporting solutions by working with stakeholders in their design, planning, and implementation while ensuring consistency and coherency; summarizing data and results; creating summary statistics; organizing data reports, visualizations, and/or interactive Business Intelligence (BI) reports; identifying needs for the development and implementation of additional reporting solutions; and preparing documentation as appropriate.
- Prepares data for analytic efforts by consolidating data; reviewing data for quality and accuracy; profiling data inaccuracies; and cleaning and creating final data set(s) for analysis.
- Supports data-informed decisions by consulting with clients to identify and clarify key business needs; developing outcomes and process measures; translating business requirements; determining data/information needs and data collection methods; developing analysis plans; measuring the impact of business decisions on clients, customers, and/or members; working with clients and staff to identify opportunities and methods to improve efficiencies with analysis; supporting and training end-users; and documenting processes and deliverables.
- Supports the execution of creative data analytic approaches leading to actionable outcomes by identifying metrics to be analyzed; calculating algorithms; and conducting analyses under the guidance of more senior employees, including descriptive, correlational, inferential, and/or predictive statistics.
- Minimum one (1) year statistical modeling experience using SAS, R, or another advanced statistical package.
- Masters degree in Biostatistics, Statistics, Public Health, Data Science, or related field and Minimum three (3) years experience in data analytics or a directly related field. Additional equivalent work experience in a directly related field may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs): Data Quality; Model Creation and Interpretation; Procedure Manuals and Documentation; Health Care Coding; Process Mapping; Program Writing; Internal or External Publication; Written Communication; Data Extraction; Data Mining; Data Visualization Tools; Statistical Programming Language; Relational Database Management; Project Management; Business Planning
- Two (2) years network analysis experience.
- Two (2) years experience working with data visualization tools.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest