Celebrating Mind, Body and Smile
Join the team that's been practicing outstanding dental care in the Pacific Northwest for more than 40 years and see what a difference comprehensive, coordinated care can make.
Dental Lab Support Specialist ILocation: Portland, OR Additional Locations:
Job Number: 868229 Date posted: 03/24/2020
- Interprets dental lab prescriptions and prepares cases as needed to accomplish related task.
- Job responsibilities may include any of the following: accuracy in shipping and receiving of all lab cases coming in and out of clinics and lab, scheduling, coordinating of all lab cases and disturbing to lab technician, tracking of hand piece repairs and biological monitoring.
- Maintain accurate records of cases, data, input, updating and also updating information for compiling of monthly reports. Communicates with clinics and sublet labs regarding scheduling and shipping concerns.
- Answers phone and trouble shoots by following up on shipping and scheduling concerns informing the appropriate lead or supervisor. Organizes and maintains work area to a high level of cleanliness in keeping with lab standards. Meets health and safety standards throughout daily job function. Perform other duties as requested.
- Two (2) years of experience in dental setting.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Ability to read and understand written dental prescription. Possess the knowledge and skills which reflect the minimum ability to do the work required.
- Able to manage work load efficiently.
- Excellent phone and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and record keeping skills.
- Good typing and P.C. skill.
- Three (3) years in a dental laboratory or office setting.
- High school graduate.
- A.D.A. technical school graduate.
- Typing, P.C. skills.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Dental Support Careers
Dental Support Careers
Kaiser Permanente Dental is unique to the Northwest and offers many locations in the Portland metro area, Salem, Eugene, Vancouver, and Longview. One of the largest group dental practices in the country, we share an organization-wide commitment to delivering individualized, proactive, and integrated care. Here you will find opportunities for dental support careers, including dental assistants and hygienists.
Are you a dentist? Learn more about opportunities for Dentists & Physicians.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
October 29, 2019
"Awesome opportunities to work at the top of your license"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than 10 years
Lots of opportunities to do full patient care in a number of specialties. This includes clinic, hospital, on-call, OR 1st assist, and rounding on hospitalized patients. Many procedures done in clinic can be done by PAs. Multiple specialties, so you can potentially shift from one to another. Pay and benefits are good, Collaborative practice between specialties coordinated through the electronic medical record. Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.