Dental Sterilization Aide
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Sterilize and process/store dental instruments in accordance with Infection Control Guidelines. Weekly Biological monitoring. Maintenance of sterilization equipment in accordance with manufacturers instructions. Clean sterilization and other clinical equipment, including operations, operatory equipment and handpieces, in accordance with Infection Control Guidelines and the manufacturers recommendations. Mix disinfectant solutions.
- Assist in restocking operatories after patients use in accordance with established guidelines. Receive and ship dental lab cases. Verify accuracy of mailing slips with cases. Pour impressions and trim models. Clean lab cases and laboratory equipment in accordance with Infection Control Guidelines. Maintain a clean and orderly laboratory. Assist in cleaning operatories after patients use in accordance with Infection Control Guidelines, under the direction of the provider or dental assistant. Monitor shipment and receipt of handpieces for routine maintenance. Order/replace secondary hazard communication container labels as needed. Participate in the confirmation calling process. Enter/receive selected information into/from the Programs automated dental information system, such as Perio charting. Participate in maintaining an adequate inventory of dental instruments and supplies within the assigned dental office. Conforms with established dress code and takes appropriate precautions to protect clothing from soiling and contamination, consistent with established infection control guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the office manager or supervisory personnel that are consistent with the individuals training and experience in an active and cooperative manner.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to uphold applicable infection control guidelines at all times to maintain patient safety.
- Ability to pass competency exam (Biological Monitors) at 85% within 30 days of hire/transfer.
- Ability to work in a complex high activity environment.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Physical Requirements:
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Ability to stand for a minimum of four (4) hours at a time.
- Two (2) years experience working with Dental care professionals in a high-volume environment.
- Two (2) years experience with infection control and safety programs.
- Previous KP work experience and thorough knowledge of KP organizational structure.
- Basic knowledge of sterilization and infection control equipment and practices.
- Days/Times variable. Travel Glisan, Gresham, Rockwood, Clackamas, Johnson Creek, Eastmoreland, Oregon City dental offices.