Ensuring Each Facility's Aesthetic and Success
From maintaining the aesthetic appearance of our grounds to driving environmental services at our facilities to managing product inventory and distribution, our facilities services and materials management team members are vital to the daily upkeep of our medical centers and business facilities.
ED, National Facilities Services, NWLocation: Portland, OR Additional Locations:
Job Number: 800554 Date posted: 08/19/2019
- The Executive Director, NFS NW leads a multi-disciplinary team that leverages enterprise-wide tools, processes and standards to support the delivery of high-quality, affordable health care. The Executive Director will coordinate the delivery of real estate, facilities maintenance operations and support, and project design/construction management at the regional facilities as follows:
- Capital Acquisition: Coordinate facility planning activities with regional and national planners.
- Develop and execute a pipeline of Plant Maintenance and Repair projects to achieve an acceptable facility condition index.
- Direct the capital project teams in the design and construction of projects in accordance with national objectives and policies.
- Maintain full accountability for staying within approved construction schedules and budgets and ensure the delivery of cost-effective and functionally effective buildings that meet national quality standards.
- Coordinate with local, state and national regulatory agencies.
- Acts as primary decision maker for dispute resolution and risk management.
- Facilities Operations: Manage the Facilities Condition Assessment program for NW Region
- Direct the ongoing property management and maintenance of facilities to assure continued functionality of capital assets and usefulness of buildings, grounds and equipment.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of a long-term maintenance plan and budget (both capital and operating) for engineering and maintenance service needs of buildings, equipment and grounds to assure preservation of physical assets, as well as continued safety, effectiveness and functionality.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of a plan for managing all service contracts, property budgets, landlord relations and other management issues for leased properties.
- Develop and oversee the 10-year planned maintenance program.
- In partnership with other regional departments, ensure that the maintenance operations are integrated with other programs (business continuity/disaster preparedness, infection control, employee health and safety, etc.)
- Develop and administer a sustainable resources program for the region that addresses reductions in greenhouse gas emissions, energy and water consumption and related expenses. Use an integrated lifecycle model to analyze, evaluate and select appropriate energy and water related investments.
- Real Estate: Collaborate with the Real Estate Acquisition Business Line to identify properties for the development of facilities as specified in the capital plan and by operating requirements.
- Ensure effective evaluation of site options, environmental assessments, interface with regulatory agencies, and disposal of property no longer required.
- Management and Administration: Utilize enterprise-wide systems for project management, cost reporting and estimating; as well as maintenance management, facility condition assessment and utility bill processing.
- Collaborate with NFS Learning and Development to maintain a highly qualified and competent staff.
- Develop consistent program-wide measurement system for customer satisfaction and performance of facilities and real estate services.
- Prepare for Joint Commission inspections to ensure there are no capital project related findings.
- Minimum ten (10) years of progressively responsible management experience in the combined areas of facilities development, capital projects, operations management, strategic planning and related areas.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience leading multi-disciplinary teams.
- Bachelor-s degree in architecture, engineering, construction management or a related field.
License, Certification, Registration
- Experience and ability to lead through influence and collaboration.
- Knowledge of architecture, construction and engineering principles, facility management, maintenance principles, real estate practices, contract management/accounting and information management systems
- Knowledge of health care facilities related regulatory and accreditation agencies such as the Joint Commission, their requirements and application in both inpatient and outpatient facilities.
- Demonstrated understanding of facilities impacts on staffing, infection control and brand image.
- Direct reports are anticipated to be in the range of five to eight employees, with accountability for over 25 employees. The executive director is responsible to manage an annual capital budget of $100-200 million and an operation budget of $7-10 million.
- Demonstrated ability to determine key issues, involve appropriate individuals, develop appropriate plans of action, and make consistently sound business and financial judgments.
- Ability to assemble teams of risk takers and creative thinkers.
- Highly developed analytical capabilities, change management and strategic planning skills.
- Working knowledge of the services within the scope of National Facilities Services.
- Proven ability in areas such as establishment of building design, construction, maintenance standards, and contracting.
- Strong written oral and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Health care capital program and/or facilities management experience is preferred.
- Advanced degree preferred
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Handling the administration of all activities concerned with the ordering, storage, and movement of materials — as well as assessing, maintaining, and improving the upkeep and appearance of our facilities — as a member of this team you'll help everything look and run its best inside and outside our 600+ locations. Working in building management, maintenance, sourcing, purchasing, environmental services, and more, you'll play a vital role in ensuring the success of our organization.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.