Support the Bottom Line — and the Big Picture
Create the financial strategies that affect our patients, medical centers, and future. On this team, you'll provide the strategy recommendations that drive operational and process improvement, as well as face challenging opportunities to influence the future of health care.
Financial Consultant - Line of Business AnalyticsLocation: Portland, OR Additional Locations:
Job Number: 780539 Date posted: 03/25/2019
- Prepares financial reports and conducts comprehensive analyses with written summaries to management.
- May be accountable for the coordination, compilation and distribution of financial data.
- Performs financial analysis upon identification of variances, and coordinates with junior analysts' variance analysis process as defined.
- Participates in the planning and development of regional, departmental and/or functional budgets and forecasts.
- May be responsible for budget system completion and high level reviews.
- Participates in and/or leads projects of moderate to complex scope as assigned.
- Business Impact: Responsibilities impact the achievement of key department and/or functional objectives. Contributes to the achievement of department objectives. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve department objectives would normally affect expenditures and resources. Decision Making: Involves interpreting and analyzing established concepts. Exercises judgment to make decisions for less defined issues and selects methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Requires moderately complex decisionmaking. Problem Solving: Develops solutions to complex problems. May refer to established precedents and policies. Requires significant analysis to develop solutions for complex problems. Interactions/Communications: Provides professional/technical guidance to team members. Influences others regarding existing concepts, processes and/or methodology. Strong oral, written and presentation communication skills. Independence/Discretion: Participates in determining objectives of assignment. Works under limited direction. Plans/schedules job activities to work toward accomplishing set objectives. Work is reviewed by management at key intervals for advice and guidance prior to completion.
- Report analyst duties, e.g. design and develop automated actionable reports to inform managers in a timly fashion.
- Data analyst duties, e.g. assists in the research, analysis, and remediation of moderately complex data issues that directly impacts reporting and analysis.
- Business systems analyst duties, e.g., help define business rules applicable to the development and/or use of the application.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor's degree in a finance related field OR a minimum four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- Broad application of financial analysis principles, theories, and concepts in applicable discipline, plus working knowledge of other related fields.
- Advanced proficiency in PC based word processing and spreadsheet applications, including advanced functions such as graphics, pivot tables, macros and database management.
- Thorough knowledge of financial analysis policies, practices and systems.
- Complete understanding and application of financial analysis principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
- Highly developed knowledge of finance theories such as present values theory/cash flow analysis and accounting principles.
- Able to formulate finance study designs and prepare and conduct professional presentations.
- Full knowledge of industry practices and standards.
- Advance degree OR certification in an analytical discipline, preferred.
- Extensive use MS Office products, preferred.
- Use of Data Query tools, preferred.
- Project management skills, preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Accounting, Finance, & Actuarial Careers
Members of our accounting team support corporate projects and lend insight to areas such as financial reporting, tax planning and preparation, and audit management. This team also includes our audit professionals, who partner with financial and operational groups across the organization to analyze budgets and streamline procedures.
Supporting critical business functions such as financial services, national Medicare finance, strategic planning, auditing, and corporate finance, our finance professionals develop the strategies that enable us to meet our financial goals.
Applying probability and statistics to the practical problems of insurance, our actuarial team performs a variety of duties, including calculating the cost of premiums and policy values, preparing statistical studies, and forecasting financial results.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.