Support Starts With You
The backbone of our care team, you will greatly impact the work of our clinicians and physicians as well as improve our patients' experiences.
Hospice Aide (On Call)Location: Portland, OR Job Number: 707199 Date posted: 06/08/2018
- Receives, understands, and follows care plan and assignment from public health nurse, physical therapist, or occupational therapist.
- After instruction by RN for individual patient care procedures, perform the following: routine bowel care, colostomy, stoma, skin cleansing and bag application; dry (non-sterile) dressing reapplication following removal of dressings for the purpose of bathing, and catheter care.
- After instruction by the physical therapist follow Rehab Care Plan, promoting activities of daily living independence, increase strength, and range of motion.
- Assists/provides patient with:
- Bathing, oral care, and skin care including bed bath, shower, tub, shampoo, hair care, shaving, perineal care, cleaning of teeth/dentures.
- Elimination activities including: toilet, bedpan, urinal and/or commode.
- Transfer in and out of bed, and when directed, provides ambulation and assistance with activities and performing exercises.
- Transfer of patients as necessary with mechanical devices such as Hoyer lift.
- Assists with medication ordinarily self-administered by the patient instructed by the PHN with assistance limited to:
- Reminding patient of when it is time to take prescribed medication.
- Reading the label of the medication container if the patient is unable to read for her/himself.
- Handing a patient-owned medication container to the patient.
- Opening the medication container.
- Application or instillation of skin, nose, eye and ear preparations only when directed to do so for a specific patient by PHN who instructs the home health aide in the care requirements of the individual patient.
- Reports and documents care provided.
- Notifies and documents changes in the patient's condition or family situation in a timely manner to the public health nurse, licensed physical therapist, or occupational therapist.
- Records intake, output, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse, respiration after demonstrated competency and as instructed by RN or PT.
- Agency required documentation completed and submitted in appropriate format within agency documentation guidelines.
- Assists with household duties essential to the patient's health care at home, such as changing linen, personal laundry, dusting, vacuuming, washing dishes, shopping and meal preparation.
- On an infrequent basis, performs above household duties as assigned, as determined by specific care programs reflecting benefits for the patient's family members during respite care.
- Attends Conferences, meetings, and in-services.
- Patient Care Conferences, as appropriate and as required.
- In-services to update skills and knowledge as mandated by agency policy, state practice acts, and state and federal regulations.
- Staff meetings.
- Is accountable for whereabouts to supervisor during all work hours.
- This job description is not all encompassing.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances. Submit Interest
About Clinical Support Careers
Clinical Support Careers
Supporting members and patients as vital members of our care delivery team, our patient care services professionals include our medical assistants, sterile processing technicians, surgical technicians, nursing assistants, and so much more.
There is a deep breadth of clinical support career options that allow medical professionals to deliver quality health care to our patients. These roles are critical, instrumental, and unique, with a variety of career settings (inpatient, outpatient, home care) and departments. Opportunities to develop oneself, grow professionally, and transfer to new roles/locations make these roles especially rewarding.
Discover the KP Difference
Visionary. Rewarding. Essential. These words describe the powerful work we do. Looking for more reasons to join our proud team? We've got ten compelling reasons right here!
Communication is vital to what we do every day. We value those who enhance our team with essential bilingual skills — allowing us to provide quality, inclusive care to everyone in our communities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Feb 2, 2018
- Positive Outlook
- Positive opinion of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than 8 years)
Excellent benefits. Great calibre of employees, respectful workplace. Very forward thinking and fosters innovation.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.