Driving Care Initiatives
From designing and leading complex programs to analyzing and translating business capabilities into powerful solutions, your expertise helps shape the future of health care.
Project Manager, LMP Workforce PlanningLocation: Portland, OR Additional Locations:
Job Number: 771396 Date posted: 02/09/2019
Includes the planning and tracking of projects both (tactical and strategic), cost effectiveness, communication, risk analysis, quality assurance, team and vendor management, and implementation of highly visible, sensitive and multi-faceted projects. Identifies and resolves issues related to projects. Ensures assigned projects are delivered within scope, schedule, budget and quality levels are consistent with partner/customer expectations.
- Manages moderately complex projects or multiple simple projects
- Develops solutions that align with strategic direction and standards
- Completes components of the business case
- Negotiates agreement on project schedule and budgets
- Applies methods or recognized equivalents appropriate to the specific needs of the project/client
- Demonstrates understanding of the need to manage risk issues
- Participates in the application of the risk management process
- Develops and sustains strong working relationships with client project team staff
- Demonstrates application of approved project management methods and business methods to projects
- With guidance may convert business cases to business plans
- Develops and maintains the project plan
- May develop and execute user training plans
- With guidance coordinates the collection and validation of business requirements
- With guidance stays abreast of enterprise-wide projects and prevents or manages associated conflicts
- With guidance determines the impact of current/existing technologies on the project and communicates impact to sponsors
- Manages the overall resource capacity (supply) and scheduled work (demand) for the delivering organization including forecasting and impact assessment
- Works on assignments of diverse scope
- Generally performs within broadly defined practices and guidelines, and also modifies or suggests enhancements
- Requires planning to coordinate with other departments or resources
- Oversees transition to operational production status
- Manages project close-out activities
- Develops and conducts post-implementation review
- May participate in overseeing the transition of project team members to new projects.
- Minimum three (3) years of project management experience.
- Bachelor's degree in related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Understand all project life cycle phases and applies knowledge in the delivery of at least one (1) phase of the project delivery life cycle.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Experience in partnering with Labor.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
These careers consist of Program and Project Managers, Business Consultants, Business Analysts, and Data Analysts who all work together to effect positive organizational change from the inside out.
Join our talented team and make a difference through performing business analysis, developing business cases, providing client support during system development and implementation, managing projects, or by leading complex programs with multiple work streams.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.