Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
To lead a program of research that is recognized nationally and internationally in the senior investigators area of special expertise by designing and implementing major health related research projects, developing, evaluating and testing significant innovations in the organization, delivery, and financing of health care, publishing research findings in major scientific and professional journals and books, and stimulating and guiding the overall development of the CHR as a preeminent research institution. Advise Kaiser Permanente and national policy-makers in area of expertise.
- Design, develop, obtain funding for, and direct a large ongoing research program comprising multiple, coordinated research, demonstration, and/or evaluation projects in the senior investigators area of particular expertise and interest in order to contribute to knowledge about health and health care delivery. Be recognized national/international leader in research specialty area, including Principal Investigator of major research studies.
- Disseminate research results through presentations to scientific and professional groups and through publications in scientific and professional journals, books, etc.
- Translate findings from research program into useful conclusions and provide scientific and health policy leadership in a defined area of expertise deriving from the senior investigators research program; make presentations to policy makers, KP providers and managers, and to others in the health care field.
- Provide technical consulting and professional service to KP, assume major responsibility for demonstration projects in the special interest of KP, and serve on relevant KP committees and task forces.
- Participate in the ongoing maintenance of the Center through assisting in the development of Center policy, providing technical services and consultation to other CHR staff, by helping to define the CHRs future research agenda, and by maintaining security and confidentiality of research and medical data.
- Participate in educational activities by helping to train undergraduate, graduate, and post-doctoral students pursuing health or health services research careers.
- Provide service to the professional and scientific community through membership on scientific peer review groups and national policy and advisory boards; and consult with local, state, and national voluntary and governmental agencies.
- Use appropriate computer programs to assist in data collection, tracking, ordering laboratory tests or procedures, or communication, such as RRS, Health Connect, study specific programs, CAS, and other computer software as needed. Performs other duties as requested.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience as Investigator (or equivalent such as Assistant or Associate Professor).
- Minimum twenty (20) articles in peer-reviewed journals (seven (7) first-authored); minimum ten (10) articles will have been published within the last ten (10) years.
- Doctoral degree (e.g., Ph.D., M.D., or Dr.P.H.) in epidemiology, behavioral science, health services research, or related field, or doctoral degree in medicine with additional research education and training.
- Presentations of research findings at national or international meetings as presenting author.
- Demonstrated experience in securing peer-reviewed grant funding as a Principal Investigator.
- Demonstrated experience in serving on (a) national expert panels and (b) grant review committees.
- Working knowledge of health care organization, policy, practice, and management (to facilitate application of research to medical and health care phenomena).
- Ability to work in a computerized work environment, including word, web technology and data processing.
- Scientific writing skills; ability to write and communicate effectively to scientific/technical audiences.
- Research methods and theory in health research related discipline; data analysis and interpretation skills, substantive knowledge in health-related discipline.
- Experience in organizing and transmitting the knowledge of their discipline, such as teaching at the college or university level or reviewing papers for indexed peer review journals.
- Experience serving on internal departmental committees.
- Senior investigators from the academic fields typically hold membership in their respective professional/scientific associations.
- Senior investigators from health care fields typically hold licenses in their respective professions (e.g., M.D., D.D.S., R. Pharm.,R.N.).
- Experience working in or with a health maintenance organization.
- Thorough knowledge of health care organization policy, practice and management (to facilitate application of research to medical and health care phenomena)
- Excellent administrative skills for directing research projects of any scale.
- Partnership skills, including communications and negotiations.
- Outstanding ability to write and communicate effectively to scientific/technical audiences.
- Infectious Disease, Cancer, Social Determinants, or Implementation Science Experience Strongly Preferred.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest