Driving Care Initiatives
From designing and leading complex programs to analyzing and translating business capabilities into powerful solutions, your expertise helps shape the future of health care.
KPNW Administrative FellowLocation: Portland, OR Additional Locations:
Job Number: 817253 Date posted: 08/15/2019
Responsible for developing leadership skills and learning about Kaiser Permanente Northwest by leading and supporting project design and implementation in a variety of possible projects including internalization of services at Kaiser Sunnyside Medical Center, implementation of KP HealthConnect, and safety initiatives. Also, responsible for leading and supporting project design and implementation of Health Plan Administration project(s).
- Lead coordination effort for design and planning activities including:
- Help with strategy development.
- Project plans with key issues, barriers, approaches, performance metrics and evaluation.
- Agenda creation, meeting facilitation, issues tracking, status reporting, documentation management and event planning.
- Ensure implementation by time line by developing and overseeing project management tracking tools to track action items, issues, risks and decisions, status reports and time lines.
- Oversee and direct inpatient and health plan project coordination activities, function as primary resource for information and direction related to project logistics.
- Coordinate necessary communications, help identify stakeholder audiences, and ensure those stakeholders are informed.
- Provide project management support to various leaders in the KSMC and health plan change efforts.
- Provide other technical and project support duties as assigned.
- One (1) year of experience in a clinical setting.
- A current MHA, MBA or MPH student OR have graduated within six (6) months of application.
- Demonstrated knowledge of health care delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to in the areas of planning, follow-through, affecting change, project management.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to manage projects.
- Demonstrated ability to lead groups.
- The following application materials are required for consideration for a Fellowship position: Application Form, Resume or CV, List of volunteer work, if applicable, Personal statement, Short essay, Official transcript from graduate school, Academic reference, Professional reference.
Statement: In your statement, please discuss
your decision to pursue a fellowship, any specific expectations about the
Kaiser Permanente fellowship, the specific skills you would bring to the
fellowship and your career objectives following the fellowship. Please limit your
statement to between 300 to 500 words.
Short Essay: For the essay question, please
answer ONE of the following questions in 300 words or less: 1. Tell us about a
time when you had a significant impact on a person, group or organization. 2.
Describe what distinguishes you from another applicant. 3. Describe a failure
or setback that you experienced. What role did you play and what did you learn
following 3 documents in one packet (via UPS or FedEx is highly recommended)
Official Transcript (Graduate
Academic Reference (signature across
Professional Reference (signature across the seal)
Human Resources - ATTN Diverse
Talent Planning Consultant
500 NE Multnomah St. 13th Floor
Portland, OR 97232
applications for the Fellowship Program must be
received by the Selection Committee no later than Friday, September 27, 2019 by 5:00 PM (PST).
- One (1) year of experience in a leadership role in a medical office or medical center preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
These careers consist of Program and Project Managers, Business Consultants, Business Analysts, and Data Analysts who all work together to effect positive organizational change from the inside out.
Join our talented team and make a difference through performing business analysis, developing business cases, providing client support during system development and implementation, managing projects, or by leading complex programs with multiple work streams.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.