Lactation Consultant RN - Float
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Minimum two (2) years of RN experience in acute care or ambulatory care/clinic setting within the last five (5) years OR successful completion of the Kaiser Permanente NW Ambulatory RN New Grad/transition to practice program
- Minimum two (2) years of current pediatric and/or Mother Baby nursing experience in an acute or ambulatory setting
- Graduate of Accredited School of Nursing.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current Oregon and Washington RN license required. License in state where assigned required upon hire/transfer, application for license in secondary state required within 2 weeks of hire/transfer and must be obtained within 6 months.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required upon hire/transfer.
- Primary Care Assignments: Must obtain and maintain PEARS certification within 6 months of hire/transfer unless excluded per exemption process.
- Currently certified as a lactation consultant by the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners, Inc (IBCLC)
- Demonstrates clinical nursing and leadership skills.
- Able to type 20 words per minute.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to learn computerized information systems.
- Demonstrates ability to work within teams and within a dynamic work environment.
- Customer focused.
- Previous experience with population care/case management, triage and advice.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in an outpatient lactation clinic
- Minimum two (2) years of experience working with postpartum breastfeeding couplets
- Experience facilitating groups with demonstrated knowledge of group dynamics and process
- Experience in providing health teaching (individual or group setting) related to the new infant and postpartum needs
- Current or future bachelor's degree in nursing or related field.