Liaison, Labor Senior - Sales/Account ManagementPortland, Oregon
Our sales and account management team drives our mission of providing high-quality, affordable health care services to improve the lives of our members and communities. Working for an industry leader in health care, you’ll be provided with the tools to help you grow in your career and make a difference with the work you do each day. We’re pioneering preventive medicine, conducting comprehensive research, and advancing integrated care, and our sales and account management team forges our story and connects us to those we serve.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Level: Individual Contributor
- Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
These are the traits of the most successful members of our sales and account management team.
- Mission Driven
What Our People Say
District Sales Manager
“I started with Kaiser Permanente more than 18 years ago with one thought in mind: I wanted a career, and thankfully I found exactly what I was looking for and more. I enjoy working for Kaiser Permanente because my contributions to the organization are recognized; I am not a doctor or a nurse, but I believe the work I do each day does make a difference in the lives of our members and communities. Kaiser Permanente’s commitment to their employees is astounding!”
Senior Account Manager
“Kaiser Permanente is a welcoming and collaborative environment. The organization does a great job of showing how much the staff is valued, which is evident in their focus on equity and inclusion and work-life balance. I am proud to work for an organization that ensures I have the support and tools I need to be successful in my role, as well as ample opportunities for professional growth. I feel valued as an employee of Kaiser Permanente.”
“At Kaiser Permanente I am continually growing and learning, there’s always enough variety to keep me engaged and enough repetition to ensure I’m knowledgeable in all areas should a question or challenge arise. I love being in a position where I can impact professional lives, build a sales culture, and interact with the marketplace on a regular basis. I believe the Kaiser Permanente genuinely wants me to succeed and they always provide the support needed to ensure that success.”
Associate Account Manager II
“In my current role I am constantly collaborating with my managers, the account managers they support, and ultimately the members we serve. I am frequently challenged with new opportunities and projects, which has allowed me to grow into being a valued partner with ideas that are respected and implemented. Being part of Kaiser Permanente feels like being part of a family. I have colleagues that foster my growth, invest in my development, and care about me both personally and professionally.”
Our compensation and benefits are designed to help you and your family stay healthy and thrive in and beyond work.
Medical, Vision, & Dental
Educational Opportunities & Tuition Reimbursement
Career Growth & Development
Generous Incentives, Awards, & Recognition
- We feature a collaborative approach to work that includes supporting and driving each other to greater success.
- Here, you’ll find opportunities for networking, mentoring, skill building, and leadership training.
- Our teams are a richly diverse and tight-knit community that offers opportunities for outreach, healthy lifestyles, and more.
- Everyone has access to tools and training opportunities that allow you to grow in your career and build relationships.
Liaison, Labor Senior - Sales/Account Management
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Responsible for collaborating in the development and implementation of strategies which enhance Kaiser Permanentes market position in the Northwest Region and increase Kaiser Permanente membership. The Sr. Labor Liaison serves as a team labor lead to multiple account teams within the Northwest Region.
- In collaboration with Sales and Account Management leadership, Office of Labor Management Partnership, Partnership unions and individual Account Managers, develops and executes regional and account management sales plans, strategies and tactics from a labor perspective.
- Works with account team in prioritizing and targeting accounts and developing specific account plans as they apply to union representation in those accounts.
- Positions the organization within the labor community and specific unions in targeted accounts competitively to ensure optimal membership growth and to protect against losses.
- Provides guidance to account team union sales skills.
- Stays current on industry and competitor trends, and applies knowledge of marketplace to account planning processes.
- Coordinates with Sales Executives to maintain positive relationships with brokers, key decision makers and stakeholders in the labor community. Demonstrates an ability to influence the thinking of decision makers and stakeholders regarding health care benefits issues and decisions.
- Ensures that account data regarding union representation is current, accurate and complete on internal computer systems.
- Collaborates with other business lines to develop strategies that increase membership, and to communicate these best practices to the marketing team.
- Represents the marketing department on committees and work groups, makes presentations to internal audiences about market trends, and represents KP externally, including working with labor, community groups or industry organizations.
- Manages special projects that impact the organizations market position and benefits the entire account base.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience working with leaders to provide consultation and/or influence.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience with employee health benefits to include collective bargaining, advocacy or implementation of employee benefits.
- Bachelors degree in related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Disability Insurance License (Washington) within 3 months of hire
- Health Insurance License (Oregon) within 3 months of hire
- Understanding of sales and marketing principles and practices.
- Strong computer and analytic skills, including experience creating public presentations using Microsoft Office programs, required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and persuasion skills required.
- Expertise in handling difficult client issues related to health plan services, policies and procedures.
- Effective project management skills.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in health care marketing.
- Knowledge of underwriting processes, healthcare products, and contracts.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest
Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.