LPN- Medical Dental Glisan (On-Call)Portland, Oregon
Playing a critical role on our health care team, our Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) support clinicians and other team members while performing nursing duties and additional administrative tasks. You’ll work directly with patients or speak with them on the phone or online to help meet their needs and contribute to a positive care experience for all. You’ll also provide nursing assessments to triage patients based on their health conditions.
- Job Schedule: Call-in/On-Call
- Scheduled Weekly Hours: 1
- Shift: Day
We’re looking for LPNs who possess the following traits.
- Socially Conscientious
We offer five benefits to our LPN team.
Medical, Vision, and Dental
Vacation, Holiday, & Sick Leave
Pension and Retirement Plans
Tuition Reimbursement & Educational Opportunities
Every day as an LPN, you’ll help advance the delivery of excellent, compassionate care for our members. You can boldly transform care while improving the health of our communities and our nation. From outpatient settings to telehealth and from urgent care to home care, you’ll form unique connections with the patients you help. They’ll look to you to meet critical needs as well as help navigate their health choices throughout their journey.
What Our People Are Saying
“Kaiser Permanente is a wonderful organization to be a part of. I love that I get the opportunity to do what I love most while also enhancing my career development. I can say with confidence that this is an organization that offers many opportunities for growth. Not only do you get the opportunity to grow as an individual, but you have the support from your team and management. The culture, the team dynamic, and morale here is amazing.”
“I enjoy working with a supportive team that is excited to be helping our patients every day. I love being in a department where I can practice my skills — I’m always learning something here.”
“To be successful, the first thing to do is fall in love with your work. To be able to do a job that benefits the members by getting them care quicker and more efficiently is so rewarding. Working for Kaiser Permanente has provided my family and myself opportunities I would not have been able to find anywhere else. Kaiser Permanente has provided top-notch health care for myself and my family, and a career I am able to enjoy and succeed at.”
LPN- Medical Dental Glisan (On-Call)
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Prepares & organizes patient's office visit from known reason/procedure by ensuring that all appropriate tests, clinical information (e.g., diagnostic test results, consultation reports, outside reports, etc.) & order entries are ready for clinician review prior to appointment time
- Perform focused/limited nursing assessment & triage on routine or self-limiting medical conditions as directed by RN/clinician. Recognize when to defer to and/or assist w/comprehensive assessment for complex medical conditions by RN/clinician
- Utilizes standardized tools (e.g., PST, health maintenance alerts) to identify & address health maintenance/care gaps w/patient & alerts clinician on those that require his/her attention
- Recognize signs & symptoms of common & routine medical conditions/illnesses, abnormal verses new/existing & implements planned nursing & medical interventions as delegated by RN/clinician
- Contribute to the development, implementation or modification of the individualized patient's plan of care under the direction of the RN/clinician
- Prepares patient for actual visit/procedure prior to clinician's exam during rooming-in process
- Assures exam/procedures room contains appropriate supplies, equipment, forms & educational materials are available & ready for using during visit/procedure. Checks equipment are in safe working order & cleans room after use
- Provides health teaching/education or advice on routine or self-limiting medical conditions, procedures, tests, surgeries, self-injections, etc
- Utilize standardized tools determine patient's level of engagement in self-care as directed by RN
- Used KP HealthConnect & information systems to document all pertinent data & outcomes of nursing care according to standardized procedures & policies such as & not limited to the use of SBAR, SOAP or APIE, KP HealthConnect smarttools, etc. Update demographic/historical clinical data gathered in electronic medical records
- Perform diagnostic test, therapies & procedures within scope of practice competently & w/maintenance of proficiency according to: a)specific department standards on core clinical tasks (see department's list of core skills); b) application of knowledge & skills appropriate to development age of patient; and c) established policies such as & not limited to patient safety, aseptic & sterile techniques & infection control
• Current LPN license in Oregon and Washington. Requires Oregon or Washington license at time of hire. Licenses in both states are required within 6 months of hire.
• AHA Health Care Provider level CPR certification
• Demonstrated clinical nursing skills
• Demonstrated interpersonal and customer service skills (Assessment required for external candidates)
• Demonstrated communication (written and oral) skills
• Demonstrated literacy in using computers and keyboarding
• Skills in problem-solving, setting priorities and using good judgment for decisions
• Ability to work independently and efficiently under pressure
• Minimum of 2 years of nursing experience in assigned department's clinical area (e.g., Pediatrics, FP/IM, OB/Gyn, Surgery, Allergy, Dermatology, Urology, etc.) within an ambulatory care setting
• IV therapy experience or recent certification
• Familiarity in documenting in an electronic medical record system
• Current working knowledge & clinical skills in providing routine care, education & advice in assigned department's clinical area OR successful completion of appropriate competencies for assigned primary/specialty care department
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest
More From Kaiser Permanente
Northwest Health Care Careers
Play a role in shaping care while also enjoying opportunities to grow your skills and career. Along the way, you'll earn benefits and compensation that are unmatched in the area.
In our patient-centered, healing environment you'll work with true health experts every day. Join us, and enjoy support, innovative tools, and opportunities to grow your skills and your career.
Every day brings new opportunities for care
Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.