Manager, Clinical Department Registered Nurse, Primary Care (Portland)
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Accountable for role modeling principles defined by the Care Experience Standards, the KP Mission and any specific department/organizational initiatives.
- Ensures operational and performance standards are met for assigned teams. Plans, develops, implements, and evaluates department strategies, programs, and policies in partnership with senior leadership by implementing short- and long-range department goals, programs, and policies; supporting business initiatives and strategies; ensuring consistent program interpretation and application; establishing and sustaining strategic relationships with key stakeholders; ensuring service level agreements are met; and analyzing and reporting on successes against metrics.
- Provides direct supervision of front-line staff and administrative oversight of Affiliated Clinicians for assigned teams to assure member focused high quality, accessible, cost effective care, including interviews, selection, orientation, scheduling, evaluation, coaching, rewards/recognition, discipline, and staff accountabilities. Pursues professional growth and provides developmental opportunities for others by soliciting and acting on performance feedback; building collaborative, cross-functional relationships; training and developing talent for growth opportunities; delegating tasks and decisions; fostering open dialogue amongst team members; executing performance management guidelines and expectations; and working closely with employees to set goals and provide open feedback and coaching to drive performance improvement.
- Responsible for day-to-day operations on assigned teams to achieve business and organizational strategic objectives. Manages designated work unit by translating business plans into tactical action items; ensuring all policies and procedures are followed; delegating tasks to meet goals and objectives; overseeing the completion of work assignments; aligning team efforts; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; removing obstacles that impact performance; and guiding performance and developing contingency plans accordingly.
- Manages the day-to-day department budget ensuring spending within the budget allocation; monitors and controls expenditures and provides input and direction to the budget planning process.
- Serves as the primary Health Plan partner for the physician leaders of assigned teams.
- Collaborates to develop recommendations, implement, and evaluate improved processes and systems within multi-disciplinary care teams and across the continuum of care. Addresses patient complaints/concerns and researches and resolves; acts as patient advocate when necessary.
- Manages programs or components of larger cross-functional projects by identifying and managing stakeholder contacts; assembling teams based on project needs and team member strengths; developing, analyzing, and managing project plans; negotiating and managing project schedules and resource forecasts; and managing project financials and deliverables. Actively participates on and/or leads various committees, meetings, and workgroups.
- Establishes and maintains collaborative working relationships with business and industry partners, agencies, community organizations and/or education institutions; may serve as representative on various national, regional and local committees and attend events as appropriate.
- For RN-licensed: Provides clinical leadership and oversight of staff in the provision of nursing and other clinical services through nursing professional practice standards and Kaiser Permanente standards of care.
- For RN-licensed: Implements, supervises and maintains clinical practice and quality management standards, staff competencies and on-going development in accordance with regulations and accreditation requirements; ensures patient safety at point of care.