Communicating the Future of Care
Continually focused on advancement and improvement, our innovative sales and marketing professionals anticipate and respond to the ever-changing demands of our customers, members, regulators, and the marketplace.
Health Insurance Market Development Manager, National AccountsLocation: Portland, OR Additional Locations:
Regional Admin Low Rise 711 Kapiolani Blvd., 711 Kapiolani Blvd., Honolulu,Hawaii, 96813
Renton Administration - Rainier 2715 Naches Ave., 2715 Naches Ave. SW, Renton,Washington, 98057 Job Number: 820124 Date posted: 08/22/2019
Provides oversight and/or leads major projects that inform the growth and market strategies essential to KP's revenue, membership and margin goals. Strategic Market Planning Managers provide analytical/strategic-thinking and leadership skills that enable project teams to: 1) isolate business issues; 2) design and execute analytics for studying business issues (market research, scenario planning, forecasting, market share, profitability, etc); 3) bring technical/content expertise (competitive intelligence, utilization, financial analysis, market research, deep data analysis&programming); 4) vet findings and make formal recommendations to senior levels of KP leadership; 5) review/approve strategic recommendations. Incumbents would manage teams whose work includes membership forecasts&goals, strategies to achieve membership, revenue&margin goals, market research findings, competitive intelligence insights. Selects, develops, evaluates, coaches, and advises personnel.
- Works with director to develop scope of work for team, sequencing, defining value proposition, setting strategic and business direction, context & priorities for the team.
- Provides oversight, coaching&management to more senior individual contributors (e.g. Analysts, Data Consultants, Senior Market Strategy Consultants I, Senior Market Strategy Consultants II, and Senior Data Consultants).
- Educate and communicate goals, strategy, and methodologies clearly and persuasively.
- Build relationships with internal and external partners.
- Minimum eight (8) years of content/functional experience.
- Minimum two (2) years of management experience, OR;
- Master's degree and a minimum four (4) years of experience.
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, mathematics, statistics, OR four (4) years of experience in related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Advanced knowledge (broad expertise or unique knowledge) of policies, practices and systems.
- Develops advanced concepts, techniques, and standards.
- Develops new applications based on professional principles and theories.
- Viewed as functional expert in field within KP.
- Applies advanced principles, theories, and concepts.
- Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum eight (8) years of content/functional experience preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years of management experience preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.
Regional Market Client Engagement: regional employer influencer/promoter engagement, regional employer engagement, account specific relationship development activities
Regional Market -in- to KP: competitive dynamics - understanding and informing to support EAM strategy and knowledge, uncover growth opportunities through in market activity, competitive positioning data acquisition, business development focus, local market economic insights
National Accounts Team Support - Sales Enhancement Work: planning and leadership for NA education events, plan/coordinate/lead regional site visit events and connections, region specific sales messaging, regional resource partnership and support lead, escalated issue resolution, marketing coordination
Regional Operations: identifying and understanding key issues/risks for both the market and region, regional NA expectations/asks support, network change support, economic expansion/contraction for specific customers
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Sales & Marketing
Careers In Sales & Marketing
Apply your sales, account management, marketing, and product development skills as a member of our high-performing team. Kaiser Permanente's unique stance as an insurance provider and care delivery organization provides the key differentiation that rests at the core of our offering. This, coupled with an unwavering commitment to health advocacy and total health, drives our marketing and sales strategies — and it's what will set your career apart from the rest.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 26, 2019
"The best job I have ever had!"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Real focus on creating higher quality, more affordable healthcare. Talented coworkers and great mentors. Fabulous benefits.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.