Nurse Practitioner Oncology Interstate Central Med
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Provide high quality health care to Kaiser Permanente members in a cost effective manner and in accordance with accepted professional practice standards.
- Must have flexibility to provide Primary Care and follow up care for Immune Deficiency/HIV patients in both acute and ambulatory patient settings.
- Assess and diagnose IDC/HIV patients, formulate and implement treatment plans, addressing complex medical conditions.
- Document follow-up notes and identify and treat adverse reactions and effects of antiretroviral therapy.
- Perform routine exams and provide f/u care.
- Order diagnostic studies and medications, schedule procedures (for example: warts, biopsy and removal), and provide follow-up as needed.
- Flexibility for independently seeing outpatients in clinic for consults and returns (complete management) for specific immune deficiency diseases and/or conditions to be determined by department chief.
- Requires flexibility for urgent, unscheduled backup to MD providers for outpatients.
- Agree to offsite training in cervical and anal colposcopy to occur within first year of hire.
- Position will have ongoing mentorship regarding diagnosis and treatment of anal dysplasia with onsite expert.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- The above care must be documented in writing in patient's permanent medical record in accordance with accepted medical/legal standards.
- All medical care must be provided in accordance with accepted practice standards, hospital/clinic protocols (including supervision by a physician) and State licensing guidelines.
• Graduate of approved A.N.A. Nurse Practitioner program or equivalent requirements to meet State licensure.
• State R.N. license at time of hire.
• State N.P. license at time of hire.
• National Certification for N.P.
• State Medical License.
• Prescribing registration at time of hire.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers.
• Working knowledge of state health care laws, licensing board regulations and controlled substance regulations.
• Important to know limitations and when to refer patients to the MD.
• Ability to assess, diagnose and plan effective primary treatment for Immune Deficiency patients.
• Procedural skills, especially rectal colposcopy (Training available upon hire for cervical and anal colposcopies).
• Ability to use appropriate procedural/testing equipment, to see large volume of patients, and to interface with physician and support staff.
• Skills to include:
• Recognition of normal and abnormal anatomy.
• Safe tissue handling and procedure techniques.
• Control of bleeding.
• Application of post procedure dressing, as necessary.
• Writing orders.
• Protocols for blood transfusions, fluid balance, oral intake, bowel and urinary care, IV narcotic and other pain management.
• Post-op protocols for prophylaxis for DVT, mobilization, therapy.
• Knowledge of UM requirements for hospitals.
• Understanding of capabilities of ancillary and support services OP.
• Knowledge of documentation and coding requirements for OP.
• Appreciation for HIV population preferred.
• Floating NP for oncology, central interstate, skyline, Longview, salmon creek and potential for others in the future.