Nurse Practitioner Rounder-Oncology Hospital
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience as an NP with at least six (6) months of oncology experience within the last three (3) years.
- Graduate of approved A.N.A. Nurse Practitioner program or equivalent requirements to meet State licensure.
- Current Oregon AND Washington RN license required. License in state where assigned required upon hire/transfer, application for license in secondary state required within 2 weeks of hire/transfer and must be obtained within 6 months.
- Current Oregon AND Washington state NP license required. License in state where assigned required upon hire/transfer, application for license in secondary state required within 2 weeks of hire/transfer and must be obtained within 6 months..
- National Certification for N.P.
- Prescribing registration at time of hire.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) required prior to employment start date.
- Taxonomy Code required prior to employment start date.
- Thorough and working knowledge of Oncology diseases and conditions and their treatment.
- Thorough and working knowledge of chemotherapy, with particular emphasis on bone marrow aspiration.
- Working knowledge of state health care laws, licensing board regulations and controlled substance regulations.
- Important to know limitations and when to refer patients to the Oncologist.
- Ability to assess, diagnose and plan effective treatment for oncology diseases and conditions.
- Excellent procedure skills, especially with bone marrow aspiration.
- Ability to use appropriate procedural/testing equipment, to see large volume of patients, and to interface with large physician and support staff.
- Recognition of normal and abnormal anatomy.
- Writing orders.
- Protocols for blood transfusions, fluid balance, oral intake, bowel and urinary care, IV narcotic and other pain management.
- Post-op protocols for prophylaxis for DVT, mobilization, therapy.
- Knowledge of UM requirements for hospitals.
- Understanding of capabilities of ancillary and support services both IP and OP.
- Knowledge of documentation and coding requirements for both IP and OP.
- Minimum five (5) years of clinical experience in Oncology setting.
- Minimum five (5) years as Oncology N.P.
- Minimum five (5) years of acute care inpatient experience, with emphasis on Oncology procedures.
- Floating NP for oncology, central interstate, Skyline, Longview, Salmon creek and potential for others in the future.