Making Each Interaction Extraordinary
Functioning as a liaison between our members, employer groups, providers, brokers, and internal customers, our customer service groups are the face and voice of Kaiser Permanente. They play a vital role in explaining our offerings, policies, and procedures as well as meeting the needs of our members across the country.
On-Call Registration RepresentativeLocation: Portland, OR Additional Locations:
Rockwood Medical Offices 19500 SE Stark St., 19500 SE Stark St., Portland,Oregon, 97233 Job Number: 797206 Date posted: 06/11/2019
- Verifies the patient demographic & insurance information w/ the patient consistent w/ the National Registration Standards & regional policies.
- Verifies Insurance Eligibility & Benefits (including policy limitations) for all payers using approved system to check for eligibility & benefit information.
- Uses problem-solving skills to verify patient identification through patient name, spouse names, social security number, date of birth & address in order to identify & minimize duplicate medical records.
- Interview patient to obtain/determine payer source, financial & demographic information & obtains appropriate signatures.
- Verifies, identifies, & inputs Other Coverage Information (OCI), primary, secondary, & tertiary payers for services provided.
- Revenue Collection: Determines & collects cost-shares, & partial payments for services to be received.
- Enter/verify payments in the computer, close cash drawers, count currency, checks, & credit card payments at the end of each shift, & create deposits per cash handling policies.
- Maintains billing accuracy & compliance per KPNW & National Revenue Cycle policies.
- Communicate to the patient the Northwest's policy on payment of services or prepayment when significant patient liabilities are identified.
- Collect past due balances & refers, as appropriate, to financial counselors.
- Appointing & Messaging: Takes messages as required according to scripts & guidelines.
- May schedule &/or cancel appointments based on member's needs & regional policies & procedures.
- Regulatory/Organizational Compliance: Explains & requests patients to sign regulatory forms such as consent & release forms as required.
- Makes copies or scans of patient identification, insurance information & other related forms & documents.
- Fully understands & adheres to the rules & regulations of Medicare, Medicaid, Managed Care & Commercial payers regarding referrals, preauthorization & pre-certification requirements.
- Is knowledgeable & maintains compliance w/ CMS by accurately completing Medicare Secondary Payer screening information.
- Explains basic KPNW Medical Center &/or clinic policies & procedures to patients.
- General Services: Stock appropriate forms & supplies.
- Demonstrates responsibility in handling supplies & equipment in a cost-effective manner & according to standards such as policies, procedures, & infection control guidelines.
- Assist patients by providing phone numbers, facility directions & office layouts.
- Performs all other duties as assigned consistent w/ job description.
- This job description is not all encompassing.
- Two (2) years of health care financial OR two (2) of years cash handling customer service experience in high volume customer service environment.
- Two (2) years of experience keyboarding/typing & navigating multiple computer applications in a Windows environment including data input.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Excellent verbal & written English communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, flexibility & ability to switch tasks frequently.
- Final candidates will need to complete Contact Center Simulation assessment within minimum competency score of fiftieth (50th) percentile or higher.
- Final candidates will complete approved medical terminology course within six (6) months of date of hire.
- Strong complex problem solving skills & the ability to make decisions independently.
- Previous hospital or ambulatory clinic registration experience preferred.
- Certification by HFMA or NAHAM preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Customer Service Careers
Customer Service Careers
With over 11 million members, more than 127,000 employees, and over 40 million doctor visits a year, our customer service teams need you to come work with a wide variety of people to address concerns, resolve grievances, and educate our communities about our offerings. At Kaiser Permanente, you'll put your communication and mediation skills to work in support of excellence. We are committed to supporting you with ongoing growth, training, and development opportunities.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.