Deliver Expert Advice
Alongside physicians, clinicians, and patients, you'll work as a respected and vital member of our care delivery team. Providing information and recommending treatment programs that support our proactive philosophy, you'll approach health from a holistic perspective that includes alternative therapies and lifestyle changes in addition to the latest medications.
Pharmacy Manager (Portland, Oregon)Location: Portland, OR Additional Locations:
Job Number: 774642 Date posted: 02/27/2019
- Organize, supervise and operate location pharmacy services in a cost effective manner; develop, implement and evaluate ongoing design and workflow changes that improve the daily work methods, productivity, service, and resource utilization by staff and members. Perform all aspects of budget accountability for the location; administer the operating budget for the location; assist the Service Area Manager and other location department managers by providing necessary resource information that could impact other cost centers. Routinely monitor ledgers, financial and productivity reports that correlate staffing, drug costs and other operating expenses with work volume. Maintain sound asset management practices and routinely communicate the importance of asset accountability. Develop, design, implement, coordinate, and evaluate area-wide programs and projects as assigned by the Regional Pharmacy Manager and/or Pharmacy Service Area Manager e.g. managerial mentorship, professional development, quality improvement, quality assurance, member service, etc. Accountable for implementing programs to enhance drug therapy and ensure effective and efficient methods of formulary management consistent with department and program goals, objectives, strategies and missions; mentor and develop supervisors in addition to recruitment of potential supervisors.
- Develop and retain a competent, motivated professional staff; recruit, interview, select, hire, orient, train, evaluate, counsel, discipline and terminate if necessary all pharmacy staff for the location (supervisor, technicians, pharmacist-in-charge, pharmacists, pharmacy assistants, pharmacy technicians, pharmacy interns) in accordance with organizational, legal, regulatory, organized labor and quality of life standards, policies and regulations. Direct the provision of satisfying pharmacy services to all Kaiser Permanente members; monitor and sustain pharmacy services in compliance with state and federal laws, all regulatory bodies, established quality standards and organizational service standards e.g. The Service and Behavior Guidelines. Implement and monitor member satisfaction measures. Personally investigate, respond and resolve member inquiries and concerns within the location.
- This job description is not all encompassing.
- Minimum five (5) years of contemporary pharmacy practice preferably in a managed care setting and/or one (1) year Residency or Fellowship or equivalent healthcare experience.
- Documented experience in program development, implementation and assessment.
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current pharmacy licensure in Washington or Oregon (whichever is applicable to the location and area) in good standing.
- Thorough working knowledge of state and federal pharmacy laws, regulatory requirements and professional practice standards.
- Thorough knowledge of contemporary pharmacy practice.
- Working knowledge of principles of supervision, personnel management, contract administration, financial analysis, asset management and auditing techniques.
- Demonstrated contemporary pharmacy skills and vision.
- Demonstrated and proven communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use good judgment and decision making while coping in a stressful, busy environment daily; ability to respond calmly, courteously and effectively in stressful situation.
- Demonstrated ability to plan for and organize the daily work with limited resources and time.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Demonstrated effective professional role-model.
- Minimum five (5) years of contemporary pharmacy practice in a managed care setting preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience with first line supervision or comparable leadership experience in a health care setting preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years of supervisory experience, preferably in a pharmacy or health care setting.
- Postgraduate business, pharmacy or management degree, certification or residency preferred.
- Pharmacy licensure in Washington and Oregon.
- Previous leadership position at Kaiser Permanente e.g. location supervisor, pharmacist-in-charge, pharmacist specialist preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of supervisory/managerial techniques and skills.
- Current working knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, and labor agreements.
- General knowledge of business practices in a prepaid group practice setting.
- Working knowledge of all automated systems (TOPS, MIPS, CAPPS, ARC, Epicare, Phone Systems, Bergen).
- Demonstrated keyboarding skills.
- Demonstrated ability to cope with stressful, busy environment with a professional, controlled demeanor.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Pharmacy Careers
Whether you're a resident, technician, or specialist, you'll find a wide array of clinical services in our progressive practice environment. In addition to outpatient, inpatient/hospital, and ambulatory care/clinical opportunities, we maintain specialized pharmacy services, automated refill pharmacies, regional call centers, drug information services, and pharmacy analytical services. In fact, our mail-order pharmacy was ranked highest in customer satisfaction by a J.D. Power U.S. Pharmacy Study.
Our pharmacists also have access to a wealth of information and integrated technologies, meaning you have the information you need at your fingertips, enabling you to make the right decisions, expedite patient care, and actively participate in your patients' health.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.