Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Verifies the patient demographic & insurance information w/ the patient consistent w/ the National Registration Standards & regional policies.
- Verifies Insurance Eligibility & Benefits (including policy limitations) for all payers using approved system to check for eligibility & benefit information.
- Uses problem-solving skills to verify patient identification through patient name, spouse names, social security number, date of birth & address in order to identify & minimize duplicate medical records.
- Interview patient to obtain/determine payer source, financial & demographic information & obtains appropriate signatures.
- Verifies, identifies, & inputs Other Coverage Information (OCI), primary, secondary, & tertiary payers for services provided.
- Revenue Collection: Determines & collects cost-shares, & partial payments for services to be received.
- Enter/verify payments in the computer, close cash drawers, count currency, checks, & credit card payments at the end of each shift, & create deposits per cash handling policies.
- Maintains billing accuracy & compliance per KPNW & National Revenue Cycle policies.
- Communicate to the patient the Northwest's policy on payment of services or prepayment when significant patient liabilities are identified.
- Collect past due balances & refers, as appropriate, to financial counselors.
- Appointing & Messaging: Takes messages as required according to scripts & guidelines.
- May schedule &/or cancel appointments based on member's needs & regional policies & procedures.
- Regulatory/Organizational Compliance: Explains & requests patients to sign regulatory forms such as consent & release forms as required.
- Makes copies or scans of patient identification, insurance information & other related forms & documents.
- Fully understands & adheres to the rules & regulations of Medicare, Medicaid, Managed Care & Commercial payers regarding referrals, preauthorization & pre-certification requirements.
- Is knowledgeable & maintains compliance w/ CMS by accurately completing Medicare Secondary Payer screening information.
- Explains basic KPNW Medical Center &/or clinic policies & procedures to patients.
- General Services: Stock appropriate forms & supplies.
- Demonstrates responsibility in handling supplies & equipment in a cost-effective manner & according to standards such as policies, procedures, & infection control guidelines.
- Assist patients by providing phone numbers, facility directions & office layouts.
- Performs all other duties as assigned consistent w/ job description.
- This job description is not all encompassing.
• Two (2) years of health care financial OR two (2) of years cash handling customer service experience in high volume customer service environment.
• Two (2) years of experience keyboarding/typing & navigating multiple computer applications in a Windows environment including data input.
• High School Diploma/GED.
• Excellent verbal & written English communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills, flexibility & ability to switch tasks frequently.
• Final candidates will need to complete Contact Center Simulation assessment within minimum competency score of fiftieth (50th) percentile or higher.
• Final candidates will complete approved medical terminology course within six (6) months of date of hire.
• Strong complex problem solving skills & the ability to make decisions independently.
• Previous hospital or ambulatory clinic registration experience preferred.
• Certification by HFMA or NAHAM preferred.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.