RN, Nephrology, Peritoneal Dialysis (40 hr Day)Portland, Oregon
At Kaiser Permanente our nurses are leaders, clinicians, researchers, innovators, and scientists who are contributing toward being an industry-leading voice for advancing evidence-based care. Whether supporting the patient directly in our hospitals or clinics, providing care at home, serving our patients through innovative virtual technology, or managing care delivery teams, Kaiser Permanente nurses utilize scientific evidence and our integrated care model to optimize the total health of our members and the communities we serve. We invite nurses who are passionate about nursing excellence, high-quality compassionate care delivery, professionalism, integrity, teamwork and patient and family centeredness to join our teams so that we can continue to sustain and build upon our culture of excellence.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Level: Individual Contributor
- Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
We’re looking for Nurse Leaders who possess the following traits.
- Socially Conscientious
We offer several benefits to our nurses.
Medical, Vision & Dental
Educational Opportunities & Tuition Reimbursement
Supportive Teams & Resources
Career Growth & Development
At Kaiser Permanente, we cultivate an environment of compassion, integrity, trust, and open communication that helps our teams do their best work. We believe that lifelong learning will expand our knowledge so we can better serve our patients. Our practice is rooted in research and evidence-based care. Our nurses reflect the rich diversity of our members and communities and provide culturally responsive and competent care that promotes understanding of our members needs and preferences. At Kaiser Permanente, nurses are highly skilled professionals who exemplify leadership, critical thinking, and collaborative problem solving and deliver the right care, at the right time, in the right setting.
What Our People Are Saying
Relief Charge Nurse
“Working as a nurse at Kaiser Permanente has allowed me the perfect flexible schedule so that I can volunteer as Girl Scout Leader and room parent for both my children. My kids know that I am a hardworking mother who can provide, as well as a mom who can be present and be there for them – and that means everything to me.”
RN, Advice Nurse
“Working for Kaiser Permanente has allowed me to take control of my future and make my goals a possibility. I feel that Kaiser Permanente allows me to keep climbing and moving. Having that ability truly makes me feel empowered.”
Registered Nurse IV
“Kaiser Permanente has taken me on a personal and educational growth journey. I am supported by a culture of excellence that allows me to be dedicated to patients and patients’ families every day at work. What an honor to be part of Kaiser Permanente.”.
Inpatient Lactation Consultant
“As an RN/IBCLC in Maternal Child, I’m meeting families at a pivotal time — I’m there to help launch a new family into the world. Everything I do has the potential to impact a family’s health for generations to come.”
Quality Coordinator RN
“In Hawaii, your community is your family — or ‘ohana.’ I am able to provide extraordinary patient-centered care to my ohana.”
Appointment and Advice RN
“The location is fantastic. Kaiser Permanente is all over the country. You can pick almost any environment you want – from ocean to mountain to city. You’ll still be able to contribute to our mission of providing high quality health care at a local facility.”
“I chose Kaiser Permanente because their staff and providers really show that they care about you. Also, throughout my 12 years of working here I’m always learning something new, and I’ve had many opportunities for growth and development.”
RN, Nephrology, Peritoneal Dialysis (40 hr Day)
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Provides safe and effective training and oversight of the delivery of home PD to the patient in compliance with KP standards, as well as regulations set forth by state and federal agencies. Assists in ESRD treatment options education and the identification, evaluation, and selection of PD training candidates. Trains the PD candidate and/or care partner to perform all aspects of home PD therapy through the KP Peritoneal Dialysis Training Program.
- Assesses and manages patients response to home dialysis training and treatment, including onsite evaluation of patients home environment; follows prescribed protocols. Provides ongoing education to patient regarding dialysis treatment. Collaborates with multidisciplinary team in completion of comprehensive patient assessments and development of individualized plan of care to provide outstanding quality of care, as defined by KP quality goals and standards.
- Documents all relevant data including physician orders, lab results, vital signs, treatment parameters, patient status, and any treatment related data appropriately, and enters into the appropriate medical information system.
- Actively participates in Quality Improvement-QAPI process, patient care conferences, and all other required staff meetings as scheduled.
- Rotates coverage with other licensed staff to ensure reliable and adequate coverage and participates in 24/7 on-call coverage as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- Minimum two (2) years experience as a registered nurse.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- Registered Nurse License (Oregon)
- Registered Nurse License (Washington)
- Drivers License (in location where applicable)
- Basic Life Support
- Experience in case management or care coordination.
- Experience providing patient education and training.
- Knowledge of adult learning theories and models.
- Knowledge of case management principles.
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to complete patient home assessments.
- Will be required to travel to Nephrology service areas throughout the Region.
- Previous nursing experience working with CKD, hemodialysis population.
- Minimum three (3) months experience providing peritoneal dialysis procedures.
- Certified Nephrology Certification
- Demonstrates clinical nursing and leadership skills.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to learn computerized information systems.
- Demonstrates ability to work within teams and within a dynamic work environment.
- Customer focused.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. Submit Interest
Ranked among the nation's best
Every hospital that's part of the Kaiser Permanente system earned “high performing” recognition in the latest U.S. News and World Report's annual rankings. That means all 39 of our hospitals are among the top 20% in the nation.
Awarded for excellence
We're proud that so many of our hospitals have earned Magnet status. It shows our real commitment to outcomes, safety, quality, efficiency, and, most importantly, to our nurses.
Recognizing nurses during Nurses Month in 2022
We're thanking each one of our 65,000 Kaiser Permanente nurses for everything they've done for us and for the nation. Thank you for choosing to be a nurse and for leading our transformation of care.
Experience nursing excellence
Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.