The Front Line of Patient Care
Our nurse professionals embody what it means to provide the best patient interactions possible. They also advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centered, healing environment.
RN, SPA/PACU (South Interstate ASC)Location: Portland, OR Additional Locations:
Job Number: 834027 Date posted: 11/15/2019
Participates with the Health Care Team in delivering quality health care to patients in a manner which reflects Kaiser Permanente's mission, vision, and values while supporting the Labor Management Partnership (LMP) principles and practice. Participates in creating a high-performance culture based on a joint decision making process. Provides support and assistance to the patient and Health Care team to promote population-based care, continuity of care, customer satisfaction, and self-care. Demonstrates strong interpersonal and communication skills with a caring, courteous, flexible, supportive, respectful, open minded, appreciative attitude that is committed to a team environment. The RN is responsible for assessing, planning, directing, providing and evaluating the nursing care for patients during the inter-operative phase and coordinating care activities with other ASC professionals.
- Representative Functions or Duties: Professional Practice Standards of Performance. Complies with shift, unit and organizational policies and procedures including reliability and attendance standards. Monitors and takes corrective action to prevent recurring absences. Returns promptly from breaks and schedules them to provide adequate coverage. Restricts personal business to non-patient care areas during break times. Complies with Kaiser's Time Keeping Policy to accurately reflect productive time worked. Takes responsibility to keep informed of organizational policies and current information as provided by employer. Complies with contractual responsibilities related to work schedule. Participates in clinic and nursing Quality Assurance Programs. Maintains current knowledge and skill base with personal commitment to continuous learning and professional development. Utilizes professional communication techniques. Maintains confidentiality of all patient and organizational records. (HIPPA Standards). Promotes collaboration and professional interaction with the health care team. Promotes professional conduct, knows and complies with department Standards of Behavior. (group norms). Attends and constructively participates in staff meetings. Demonstrates awareness of new information posted in the communication notebook.
- Planning Standard of Performance: Utilizes assessment data when instituting plan of care. Nursing Plan of Care is sensitive to the developmental needs of the patient. Utilizes knowledge of type of procedure to plan for appropriate set up. Obtains and demonstrates the skills and knowledge needed to provide age appropriate care to patients and families through education, training, and experience.
- Implementation Standard of Performance: Applies principles of correct body alignment in positioning and transferring patient. Organizes nursing activities in an efficient manner in both circulating and scrub role. Records and documents relevant information according to policy and procedure.
- Evaluation Standard of Performance: Demonstrates an ability to evaluate and document patient outcomes. Participates in unit quality assurance activities on a monthly basis.
- Safety Management Standard of Performance: Maintains safety in use of all equipment according to manufacturer's instructions and policy and procedures. Complies with all Kaiser and unit specific policies and procedures.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience specific to hiring department.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience within the last three(3) years (Critical Care positions).
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current Oregon or Washington RN license in state where assigned required upon hire/transfer.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required upon hire/transfer.
- ACLS required upon hire/transfer.
- PALS required within six (6) months of hire/transfer.
- Procedural Sedation Competency required within six (6) months of hire.
- Minimum two (2) years of critical care experience with adult patients, preferably in the PACU environment.
- Minimum two (2) years of clinical care experience with Pediatrics, preferably in ER, ICU or PACU environment
- Minimum two (2) years of experience providing Procedural Sedation in Outpatient setting.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in Pain Management injection procedures.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Nursing & Physician Assistant Careers
Through professional practice and leadership, nurses at Kaiser Permanente continually advance the art and science of nursing. But we recognize that what we do is more than clinical practice. We believe that every interaction — whether it is with a patient, a colleague, a physician, or anyone else — has the potential to be extraordinary. And we find that approaching our daily routine with this in mind gives each and every action new meaning and allows us to focus on the moment, empowering us to deliver expert care.
No matter where you are in your nursing career, the size and scope of our organization means you have the resources, technology, tools, and support you need to make a lasting impact.
Physician Assistant Careers
Physician assistants play a powerful and important role in delivering high-quality, informative care. Working directly with patients, their families, colleagues, and supervising physicians, they are vital in defining the overall care experience.
Being a physician assistant at Kaiser Permanente is centered on promoting a healing environment — one that maintains a caring, comforting practice while honoring the unity of the whole patient: mind, body, and spirit.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.