Sales Executive/Representative - Direct I - MedicarePortland, OR
Our sales and account management team drives our mission of providing high-quality, affordable health care services to improve the lives of our members and communities. Working for an industry leader in health care, you’ll be provided with the tools to help you grow in your career and make a difference with the work you do each day. We’re pioneering preventive medicine, conducting comprehensive research, and advancing integrated care, and our sales and account management team forges our story and connects us to those we serve.
- Job Level: Entry Level
- Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
These are the traits of the most successful members of our sales and account management team.
- Mission Driven
What Our People Say
District Sales Manager
“I started with Kaiser Permanente more than 18 years ago with one thought in mind: I wanted a career, and thankfully I found exactly what I was looking for and more. I enjoy working for Kaiser Permanente because my contributions to the organization are recognized; I am not a doctor or a nurse, but I believe the work I do each day does make a difference in the lives of our members and communities. Kaiser Permanente’s commitment to their employees is astounding!”
Senior Account Manager
“Kaiser Permanente is a welcoming and collaborative environment. The organization does a great job of showing how much the staff is valued, which is evident in their focus on equity and inclusion and work-life balance. I am proud to work for an organization that ensures I have the support and tools I need to be successful in my role, as well as ample opportunities for professional growth. I feel valued as an employee of Kaiser Permanente.”
“At Kaiser Permanente I am continually growing and learning, there’s always enough variety to keep me engaged and enough repetition to ensure I’m knowledgeable in all areas should a question or challenge arise. I love being in a position where I can impact professional lives, build a sales culture, and interact with the marketplace on a regular basis. I believe the Kaiser Permanente genuinely wants me to succeed and they always provide the support needed to ensure that success.”
Associate Account Manager II
“In my current role I am constantly collaborating with my managers, the account managers they support, and ultimately the members we serve. I am frequently challenged with new opportunities and projects, which has allowed me to grow into being a valued partner with ideas that are respected and implemented. Being part of Kaiser Permanente feels like being part of a family. I have colleagues that foster my growth, invest in my development, and care about me both personally and professionally.”
Our compensation and benefits are designed to help you and your family stay healthy and thrive in and beyond work.
Medical, Vision, & Dental
Educational Opportunities & Tuition Reimbursement
Career Growth & Development
Generous Incentives, Awards, & Recognition
More About Kaiser Permanente
We truly believe ideas can come from anyone and anywhere. If you are change-ready and change-driven, join an environment where innovation is both the standard and something we can all contribute to.
We work as one — to the power of 276,000. Every single member of our team is essential to our success. Together, we help deliver a healthier tomorrow while focusing on the wellness of our patients and our communities.
Diversity & Inclusion
We value the collaboration among our teams and our communities. These connections make us stronger, and we cherish the differences that make us richer.
- We feature a collaborative approach to work that includes supporting and driving each other to greater success.
- Here, you’ll find opportunities for networking, mentoring, skill building, and leadership training.
- Our teams are a richly diverse and tight-knit community that offers opportunities for outreach, healthy lifestyles, and more.
- Everyone has access to tools and training opportunities that allow you to grow in your career and build relationships.
Sales Executive/Representative - Direct I - Medicare
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Define and develop sales opportunities for membership growth.
- Meet monthly/annual sales targets through outbound prospecting, phone and field sales presentations, and closing of prospective customers.
- Develop and execute sales strategy for maximizing member and revenue growth.
- Complete review and analysis of sales strategies and communicate lessons learned and future strategies.
- Participate in industry related associations and organization activities.
- Maintain e-mail database for all referral channels for e-communication.
- Engage in marketing activities in all identified traditional and alternative distribution channels.
- Develop internal relationship with KP stakeholders in order to maximize KP resources and conduct community outreach and development programs.
- Work collaboratively with referral channel resources to maximize sales opportunities.
- Ensure accurate enrollment processes.
- Prospect and qualify appropriate new business opportunities.
- Identify and qualify prospects.
- Assess prospects and prioritize best opportunity sales.
- Maintain accuracy of prospect database.
- Develop a channel plan.
- Report channel profile and performance results to management.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external partners on strategies for targeted prospects and final sales efforts.
- Develop and maintain targeted prospect list and outreach efforts to both the purchasers and centers of influence (referral sources).
- Ensure timely follow-up on customer/broker issue and concerns.
- Contribute to competitively positioning KP in the marketplace.
- Identify key competitors in the marketplace.
- Share competitive information with Sales and Marketing team.
- Use competitive information to identify trends.
- Collect, aggregate, and report competitive developments and trends for organizational strategic planning.
- Collaborate with others in KP to develop competitive strategy.
- Articulate KP position on significant business issues.
- Seek opportunities for improving KP image/visibility in the community.
- Develop strong relationships with community leaders, civic organizations, and centers of influence.
- Consult with referral channels and customers to demonstrate value and build commitment to KP.
- Create credibility with account contacts by demonstrating knowledge of each purchasers unique benefit package and builds awareness about added services.
- Keep referral channels informed on health care industry trends and KP development.
- Responsible for demonstrating and teaching brokers KP online technology.
- Identify customers needs and recommend appropriate solutions, linking KP mission, vision and values, key quality measures, key care management initiatives, and current services initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with community influencers, KP medical office administrators, brokers and KP employees to enhance the knowledge and buying experience of prospective members.
- Minimum two (2) years of sales or customer service experience within an office setting analyzing and resolving customer problems or field sales role.
- High School diploma or General Education Development (GED).
- Accident and Health Insurance License (in location where applicable) within 3 months of hire
- Drivers License (in location where applicable)
- Proven track record of successful sales dealing with high-levels of issue complexity and relationship sensitivity.
- Proficiency in computer and analytic skills.
- Proficiency in effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Reliable, insured transportation and a valid drivers license.
- One (1) year of healthcare experience working within an office setting.
- One (1) year of experience working with healthcare claims.
- One (1) year experience in marketing, business development, and/or managing business to business relationships in the healthcare industry.
- Previous experience working with regulations related to marketing, benefits, enrollment and other guidelines as governed by regulatory agencies.
- Previous experience selling to the individual consumer.
- If Medicare: Previous experience selling Medicare products.
- If Medicare: Successful completion of AHIP Sponsored Medicare Marketing Training and KP Individual Medicare Product and Benefit training and/or other CMS required courses.
- Bachelors in marketing, finance, business administration.
Don’t be shy. Meet a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event.