Ensuring Each Facility's Aesthetic and Success
From maintaining the aesthetic appearance of our grounds to driving environmental services at our facilities to managing product inventory and distribution, our facilities services and materials management team members are vital to the daily upkeep of our medical centers and business facilities.
Security Officer (On-Call) Portland Metro AreaLocation: Portland, OR Additional Locations:
Job Number: 772356 Date posted: 02/14/2019
Under the immediate supervision of the Assistant Security Manager, the Security Officer identifies crime, security and safety risks in and around Kaiser facilities and initiates appropriate action to remove or reduce those risks. The Security Officer also assists all patients, visitors and staff.
- Patrol and inspect facilities and grounds on a regular basis to detect and deter crimes, security violations and unsafe conditions. Prepare relating crime, incident or lost and found reports.
- Display age appropriate security interactions when dealing with members, patients, visitors and staff.
- Protect patients, visitors and employees who are in danger or have been threatened and intervene when appropriate to reduce or defuse potentially violent situations.
- Standby as requested in certain situations to prevent disturbed or menacing patients, visitors or anyone else from being a danger to themselves or others. To assist the medical staff in controlling and restraining these individuals as necessary.
- Provide personal escorts, physical assistance, authorized vehicle assistance and information to patients, visitors and employees. Assist in the transfer and control of cash, payroll and drugs.
- Controls access to specific areas as identified by the Assistant Security Manager, Division Security Manager or Administrator. Lock and unlock facilities on a regular basis and additionally, as requested by staff.
- Monitors and maintains closed circuit TV surveillance and two way radio systems.
- Respond to burglary or fire alarms and take appropriate action. Coordinate safety and security procedures during emergencies. Clear and reset alarm systems. Maintain contact and coordinate alarm data with the alarm monitoring company.
- Control traffic flow within areas and enforce parking regulations as needed at the Medical Center or Medical facilities.
- As assigned, the Designated Shift Lead Officer, under the direction of the Assistant Security Manager, direct and coordinate the various duties of Security personnel assigned to the shift.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Minimum two (2) years of recent experience in military, law enforcement, security& safety, or equivalent.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current and valid Oregon or Washington drivers license required at time of hire/transfer.
- Current State of Oregon Board on Public Safety Standards and Training Security Officer Certification required within 90 days of hire/transfer.
- Working knowledge of Oregon Criminal Statutes.
- Working knowledge of safety and security guidelines, security procedures and Division policies and procedures.
- FM Radio Operation.
- Familiar with 10 code procedures.
- Crisis Intervention skills.
- Computer keyboard operation.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to perform physical duties associated with this position.
- Four (4) years of healthcare/hospital experience.
- Thorough knowledge of Oregon Criminal Statutes.
- Oregon or Washington Police Academy.
- Thorough knowledge of safety and security guidelines, security procedures and Division policies and procedures.
- Trained in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
- FM Radio Operation.
- 10 Code Procedures.
- CCTV Operation.
- Computer Keyboard Operation.
- Crisis Intervention skills.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Facilities Services & Materials Management Careers
Handling the administration of all activities concerned with the ordering, storage, and movement of materials — as well as assessing, maintaining, and improving the upkeep and appearance of our facilities — as a member of this team you'll help everything look and run its best inside and outside our 600+ locations. Working in building management, maintenance, sourcing, purchasing, environmental services, and more, you'll play a vital role in ensuring the success of our organization.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Sep 16, 2018
"Great place to spend a work day"
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time (More than a year)
Friendly professional people who share insights and work together for improvements and success. Excellent pay and good employee recognition programs.Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.