Senior Laboratory Systems AnalystLocation: Portland, OR Additional Locations:
Job Number: 840345 Date posted: 11/08/2019
The mission of the KPNW Clinical Laboratory Systems Department is to optimize the use of the system across the Region in order to achieve high priority goals in clinical care and business outcomes. The department does this through diligent and conscientious attention to user needs, through partnerships with National and Vendor Systems in the continued development and enhancement of the system, through partnerships in the Region with NWP, IT, and the Labor Management Partnership, and by applying medical systems to meet problem-oriented and opportunity-driven objectives.
- Operational & Informatics Expertise:
- Lead operational & information systems & system integration expertise in the analysis, development, training, testing, optimization & application of KP business & clinical systems.
- As the subject matter expert for multiple Cerner et al modules & systems & circle of support systems, direct & recommend system solutions to regional leadership, clinicians, staff, brokers, employers, professional organizations & vendors including Cerner et al Systems Corporation.
- Project Management:
- Manage complex Epic & circle of support integration issues & critical support/enhancements issues in the Cerner et al systems.
- Collaborate w/ work teams, depts, regional leadership, clinicians, staff & information technology to define needs, facilitate agreements & decisions.
- Plan execution of complex & large projects including user communication, support & post implementation review.
- Application & Interface Enhancements/Development:
- Assess customer needs, research options, lead analysis design, test & implement application solutions. Examples of this work include: (1) develop tools to meet specific dept, team or strategic needs; (2) design & create tools that optimize the decision support capabilities of Cerner et al; (3) primary lead in working w/ BP to improve the human-computer interface; (4) lead development of application interface solutions to meet informational needs of customers.
- System Configuration, Build, Installation & Monitoring:
- Lead the configuration of new features & modules for integration w/ installed Epic applications.
- Direct & plan relevant workflow sessions & manage resulting workflow changes w/ senior business sponsors.
- Lead large complex configuration activities for complex function to resolve problems escalated to the Lab CLS Operations dept.
- Set up & test configuration to resolve complex patient safety problems modifications & cross application enhancements.
- Build, maintain & update application master files & category lists to ensure data integrity & maintain synchronization w/ Enterprise CB (Collaborative Build) updates.
- On Call rotation for 24X7 support.
- Responsible for solving critical & high incident support/patient safety issues under stressful outage situations.
- System Testing, Training & Deployment:
- To sustain efficient current & future functionality, provide leadership & direction for operational & information for new version upgrades, system integration issues, advanced troubleshooting & Root Cause Analysis, optimization of current functionality & incorporation of new modules in the Cerner et al systems business & clinical systems.
- As the subject matter expert, test complex system changes or system integration issues direct training materials content, provide training & competency assessment, anticipate workflow impact & solutions & manage deployment.
- Lead test script development, test data validation, test results analysis, defect & problem resolution & identification of problem fix.
- This job description is not all encompassing.
- Undergraduate degree or minimum four (4) years of equivalent experience in health care administration, information systems, business, a health care profession, library science, or information resource management.
- Cerner et al Certification in at least two (2) major modules required (PathNet AND CoPath).
- Certified/Proficient in at least two (2) Cerner suite et al modules or application sup-components (Build & Maintain, Charge Services, Outreach etc.).
- Two (2) or more system go-live/version upgrade project lead for Cerner suite et al modules or applications.
- Demonstrated experience managing small projects or taking lead role in supporting components of medium to large projects.
- Demonstrated skills in complex project management.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage multidisciplinary teams through influence and collaboration.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of computer applications in business settings.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Must exhibit efficiency, collaboration, candor, openness, and results orientation.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to Scope and estimate large complex enhancements.
- Three (3) years of experience using at least one (1) of the Cerner et al suite of application products or completion of Cerner et al certification in an application(s) preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience at Kaiser Permanente preferred.
- Direct experience implementing business information systems in the Northwest region preferred.
- Advanced degree in medical informatics, computer science or a related health care field preferred.
- Knowledge of functional areas and/or systems analysis preferred.
- Knowledge of research and analyses/design preferred.
- Demonstrated experience leading a large multidisciplinary project to successful completion preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with office software, e.g., PowerPoint, Excel, Word and/or MS Project, Visio preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in conflict resolution preferred.
- Public speaking skills preferred.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 9, 2019
"Repeatedly voted Best Place to Work"
- Neutral Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than 8 years
Great company paid benefits, learning opportunities, diverse company base, flexible telecommute policy Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.