Support the Bottom Line — and the Big Picture
Create the financial strategies that affect our patients, medical centers, and future. On this team, you'll provide the strategy recommendations that drive operational and process improvement, as well as face challenging opportunities to influence the future of health care.
Senior Manager Accounting - National Payroll ServicesLocation: Portland, OR Additional Locations:
Job Number: 876922 Date posted: 03/20/2020
Responsible for the recording of daily transactions relating to cash transactions, accounts payable transactions, payroll transactions and premium and claims transactions, for the completion of accurate and timely accounting records and for the production of financial and regulatory reports, based on those records. Other responsibilities include performing account analysis, preparing account reconciliations, preparing accounting statements and reports, and coordination and management of account reporting and filings. Plans, coordinates and resolves accounting matters with other Accounting members, departments, locations and divisions. Accounting policies and procedures are established to ensure that all financial transactions are executed and documented in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Findings and recommendations are presented to senior management.
- Establishes operational objectives and work plans, and delegates assignments to subordinate managers.
- Establishes and assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements.
- Participates in the long-term strategic planning and direction setting of the function.
- Develops and establishes operational policies within area managed.
- Involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies that affect immediate operations and may also have KP-wide effect.
- Participates in the development of overall functional objectives and KP goals.
- Minimum three (3) years of management experience.
- Minimum eight (8) years of related experience.
- Bachelor's degree in related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Requires advanced knowledge of own area of functional responsibility and working knowledge of multiple related functions.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Accounting, Finance, & Actuarial Careers
Members of our accounting team support corporate projects and lend insight to areas such as financial reporting, tax planning and preparation, and audit management. This team also includes our audit professionals, who partner with financial and operational groups across the organization to analyze budgets and streamline procedures.
Supporting critical business functions such as financial services, national Medicare finance, strategic planning, auditing, and corporate finance, our finance professionals develop the strategies that enable us to meet our financial goals.
Applying probability and statistics to the practical problems of insurance, our actuarial team performs a variety of duties, including calculating the cost of premiums and policy values, preparing statistical studies, and forecasting financial results.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
January 11, 2020
- Positive Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I have been working at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than a year
Interesting and challenging projects, excellent benefits, awesome co-workers, and ability to work from homeFull Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.