Senior Manager Systems Administration
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
This Sr. Manager level employee is primarily responsible for overseeing the monitoring and management of specific enterprise systems, managing support for all enterprise systems, and managing and facilitating the implementation of planned hardware and software changes.
- Manages designated units by translating business plans into tactical action items; communicating goals and objectives; ensuring all policies and procedures are followed; overseeing the completion of work assignments; assuming responsibility for decision making; aligning team efforts; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; incorporating resources, costs, and forecasts into unit plans; removing obstacles that impact performance; guiding performance and developing contingency plans accordingly; partnering with key stakeholders and business leaders to ensure products and/or services meet requirements and expectations while aligning with departmental strategies; and influencing units to operate in alignment with business objectives.
- Pursues professional growth and provides developmental opportunities for others by soliciting and acting on performance feedback; building collaborative, cross-functional relationships; hiring, training, and developing talent for growth opportunities; delegating tasks and decisions; fostering open dialogue amongst departments; strategically evaluating talent for succession planning; setting performance management guidelines and expectations across units; and working closely with employees to set goals and provide open feedback and coaching to drive performance improvement.
- Provides insight and leadership on the delivery of appropriate, sustainable, and prompt solutions to incidents.
- Manages the implementation of planned hardware and software changes into production environments.
- Manages the maintenance, modification, and documentation of complex and advanced applications.
- Manages change management processes.
- Manages system configuration.
- Oversees the management and monitoring of stability, availability, and performance of enterprise systems and systems in one or more additional IT domains (e.g., systems, applications, network, databases, storage, security).
- Manages maintenance and refresh activities performed by team members.
- Manages application-oriented administration and technical support for production and non- production environments.
- Manages timelines and cross-functional resources to drive the delivery of appropriate, sustainable, and prompt solutions.
- Manages a network of partnerships with technical and project teams to resolve system problems and application-specific issues.
- Manages communication with product users and suppliers to share information, identify opportunities, resolve problems, prioritize customer requirements, and maintain continuous improvement through customer feedback.
- Manages the improvement of system usefulness to the local user by increasing the number of functions that can be automated, as well as seeking process and improvements that reduce human interaction with the system.
- Manages the testing of designated systems and tools.
- Manages the development of guidelines to prevent and/or resolve recurring problems.
- Manages all levels of support for all enterprise systems by overseeing the diagnosis, troubleshooting, and resolution of complex incidents to minimize system issues.
- Manages the installation, upgrade, or decommissioning of designated systems, products, and infrastructure.
- Manages the analysis of the impact of process or technical tool changes on existing processes, tools, and interfaces.
- Minimum two (2) years supervisory experience.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Social Science, Education, Business, Health Care or related field and Minimum eight (8) years working in IT or operations. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Five (5) years system administration experience.
- Three (3) years of work experience in a role requiring interaction with senior leadership (e.g., Director level and above)
- Two (2) years managing operating budgets and/or project financials.
- Four (4) years experience in a leadership role of a large matrixed organization.
- Two (2) years experience managing vendor relationships.
- One (1) year experience in organizational change management.