Celebrating Inner Strength
With a wealth of resources and encouragement at your disposal, you can focus on helping your patients sustain their journey to better health.
Youth Mental Health Therapist - Eating DisordersLocation: Portland, OR Additional Locations:
Job Number: 815354 Date posted: 09/10/2019
- Experience in working with highly acute and/or suicidal adolescents and their families.
- Demonstrated ability to engage, interview and assess children, adolescent and family-s treatment needs, using appropriate assessment tools to facilitate the development and implementation of of multi-disciplinary comprehensive treatment plans.
- Demonstrated understanding of Suicide Risk Assessment and experience in developing plans to mitigate suicide or higher level of care risk.
- Demonstrated experience in provision of individual and group therapies for highly acute/suicidal adolescents.
- Understanding of supervisory needs of this patient population
- Capacity to quickly engage adolescents and their families in the treatment process.
- Demonstrated capacity to manage multiple patients with high level complex needs and remain calm in difficult circumstances.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize, understand and manage behavior within a treatment milieu.
- Demonstrated experience in the facilitation of group and individual therapies.
- Must have experience in assessing and addressing family dynamics and able to utilize a wide variety of interventions and techniques; have demonstrated understanding of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Dialectic Behavioral Therapies.
- Experience in working in other relevant child and youth services agencies providing individual and group therapies.
- Demonstrated experience working with highly suicidal adolescents and their families in an intensive outpatient or inpatient setting.
- Working knowledge of relevant outcome measures.
- Familiarity with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy.
- Working knowledge of legal requirements for reporting abuse, homicidal threats, involuntary hospitalization, etc.
- Thorough and working knowledge of ethical guidelines and behaviors for therapists.
- Ability to access, diagnose and treat child and adult mental health patients. Individual, couple, family and group therapy skills
- Ability to manage a large caseload, and to interface with large provider and support staff.
- Efficient use of electronic medical record.
- Proficient electronic mail communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills in windows applications.
- Knowledge of Co-occurring mental health and chemical dependency disorders
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively on a multi-disciplinary team with responsibility to provision of Group, individual and Family Therapy
- Knowledge of human behavior and development, with focus on children and adolescents.
- Knowledge of mental illness, substance abuse/addiction treatment approaches.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
About Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care Careers
Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual Care Careers
Backed by a committed interdisciplinary team of health care professionals, you'll provide high-quality treatment for patients with behavioral health and/or bio-psychological concerns, including those in psychological crisis.
With the strength of our network at your fingertips, you'll be sure your patients receive prompt, appropriate referrals across our organization with no barriers to the continuity of care. Opportunities and specialty settings range from substance abuse to social work and autism to eating disorders.
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Case Managers
- Clinical Psychologists
- Clinical Social Workers
- Health Educators
- Marriage and Family Therapists
- Medical Social Workers
- Psychiatric Social Workers
- Addiction Medicine/Chemical Dependency
- Chronic Pain Management
- Eating Disorders
- Employee Assistance
- Help Line/Psychiatric Call Center
- Home Health
- Medical Social Work
- Palliative Care
- Psychiatric Emergency Team (PET)
- Psychiatry (Adult, Adolescent & Child)
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.