Consulting Services & Project/Program Management (Non-IT)
Driving Care Initiatives
From designing and leading complex programs to analyzing and translating business capabilities into powerful solutions, your expertise helps shape the future of health care.
Lead Advanced Analytics ConsultantLocation: Rancho Cucamonga, CA Job Number: 936840 Date posted: 02/23/2021
View Disability Accomodations
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience in data science, process improvement, management consulting or related business experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering, Technology or Math or related field required or four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) required.
- Experience with data visualization and reporting tools (e.g., Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, QlikView, Microstrategy, etc.).
- Experience with advanced analytics tools and languages (e.g., SAS, R, Python, Minitab).
- Familiarity with database interfaces (e.g., Business Objects).
- Knowledge of basic statistics and the ability to use and interpret statistical tools and techniques including but not limited to project charters, Process Mapping, SIPOC, capability analysis, cause and effect analysis, Gauge R&R, hypothesis testing, ANOVA, linear regression, designed experiments and statistical process control.
- Experience with advanced analytical approaches including but not limited to logistic regression, time series forecasting, decision trees, classification models, neural networks, clustering, machine learning and other predictive analytical techniques.
- Basic knowledge of process improvement methodologies (e.g., PMP, Six Sigma / Lean, etc.).
- Knowledge of healthcare claims processes or other healthcare processes.
- Demonstrated skills in data analysis and report generation.
- Excellent mathematical, written and verbal skills and demonstrated medical terminology competence.
- Ability to interact, collaborate and communicate with stakeholders at all levels within the organization including analysts, physicians and business leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to think and act independently and professionally.
- Minimum of nine (9) years of experience in process improvement, management consulting, Business Intelligence, data science, or related business experience preferred
- Healthcare or insurance industry experience preferred
- Degree in Technology, Engineering, Science, or Math or related field preferred
- Business Intelligence and report development experience with SQL, Splunk, Tableau, Alteryx, etc.
- Analysis and audit experience with large datasets
- Experience with insurance claims
- EPIC Tapestry experience
- Experience implementing medium to large sized companywide initiatives
- Opportunity analysis focusing on process optimization as it relates to claims intake, paper free initiatives, and member/provider interactions with claim related transactions
- Process Monitoring and IT support as relates to Splunk and claim related transactions
- Problem solving mindset with a focus on continuous improvement and learning new technologies
- Ability to function as an internal consultant
- Experience working with a diverse set of both technical and non-technical teams for requirements gathering, solutioning, and solution deployment
- Experience with rapid prototyping and out of the box thinking
- Knowledge of 835s, 837s, 277s, EDI/Paper claims, EOPs, EOBs, Medical Billing, Letters, and EFT transactions
- Experience with Six Sigma process design and/or improvement methodologies and tools
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Learn About Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
Consulting Services & Project/program Management (non-it) Careers
These careers consist of Program and Project Managers, Business Consultants, Business Analysts, and Data Analysts who all work together to effect positive organizational change from the inside out.
Join our talented team and make a difference through performing business analysis, developing business cases, providing client support during system development and implementation, managing projects, or by leading complex programs with multiple work streams.
Connect with a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to seeing you!
Join Kaiser Permanente's Talent Network
Sign up to receive information about opportunities that relate to your interests.