Project Manager-IntermediateLocation: Rancho Cucamonga, CA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 858656 Date posted: 02/11/2020
Responsible for employing standard project management methods and techniques to ensure successful completion of technology related projects, including system upgrades or implementations. Projects can vary from small, short term projects through large, enterprise level projects across functional areas. Responsible for producing or managing the production of the entire portfolio of project deliverables, including project timelines, budget, task and issue tracking, etc. Engages clients and functional peer groups in information gathering/research, issue identification and management, and change management/acceptance.
- Project planning: Responsible for planning and may conduct project kickoff meetings, defining project scope, facilitating technical/operational requirements identification, developing detailed project plans, project budget or anticipated savings, and establishing a framework for the management of on-going project activities. May work under the direction of a more senior project manager.
- Project execution and tracking: Participates in the project management process, may lead project meetings, or may manage the project management process for portions of larger projects. Documents issues, action items, user requirements, or deliverables from project meetings. Performs a variety of project related activities, including: updating project schedules and plans, project communications, budget tracking, etc. Accomplishes all work within established methodologies and standards.
- Issues management: Identifies and tracks project issues, resolving issues where possible or escalating to more senior project managers or higher management when needed. Identifies risks and participates in mitigation activities.
- Change management: Influences and gains commitment to change. Partners with clients and project team members to drive communications and change management activities for each project deliverable. Responsible for developing communications and change management materials.
- Business and process improvement: Identifies opportunities for business or process improvement; makes associated recommendations as appropriate.
- Customer Service: Actively engages clients through all phases of the project life cycle, ensuring client satisfaction through timely communication and consistent completion of deliverables within communicated timeframes.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience with dedicated project management using industry standard project management tools and techniques.
- Bachelor's degree, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Microsoft Project - project plan creation and maintenance and conceptualization of project components and deliverables.
- Ability to facilitate project planning meetings to articulate project components and deliverables.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- PMP preferred
- Six Sigma Green Belt preferred
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
See What People are Saying About Working at KP
Mar 9, 2019
"Repeatedly voted Best Place to Work"
- Neutral Outlook
- Approves of CEO
I worked at Kaiser Permanente full-time for more than 8 years
Great company paid benefits, learning opportunities, diverse company base, flexible telecommute policy Full Review
Come introduce yourself to a member of the Kaiser Permanente team at an upcoming career or professional event. We look forward to meeting you in person.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs.