Nurse Assistant (Per Diem)
Navigating the Hiring Process
We're here to support you!
Having trouble with your account or have questions on the hiring process?
Please visit the FAQ page on our website for assistance.
Need help with your computer and browser settings?
Do you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability?
A reasonable accommodation is any modification or adjustment that enables you to fully participate in completing the following:
- Online Submissions
- Pre-Hire Assessments
- Interview Process
Please submit your accommodation request and an HR Representative will contact you.
Assist the medical and nursing staff with tasks involving extensive patient contact, such as bathing, feeding and transporting.
- Participate as a member of the health care team in providing patient care; may take vital signs; may bathe and feed patients as necessary; may assist in the therapy process such as requiring the patient to sit on the edge of the bed, assisting and encouraging the patient to work, requiring the patient to do sit-ups, etc.; maintain bedside charts and transfer information to the permanent charts; assist in the observation of patients symptoms and report changes in patients condition; may assist in the diagnostic procedures of patients; utilize aseptic techniques when necessary; transfer patients to and from the appropriate conveyance; transport patients to and from their nursing units to treatment and diagnostic units.
- Maintain cleanliness and order in nursing units, diagnostic, and treatment areas; make hospital and pre-operative beds, assist in setting up special equipment; clean and maintain equipment; report faulty or damaged equipment to appropriate personnel; order and stock supplies; perform simple laboratory tests such as diabetic tests, stool guiac, obtain C and S specimens; perform related duties as required.
- Minimum one (1) year of customer service experience in a health care setting OR experience involving direct patient care.
- Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have this experience requirement waived.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Driver's License (Washington)
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- Registered Nursing Assistant (Washington) required at hire OR Nursing Assistant Certificate (Washington) required at hire
- Ability to provide documentation of 7.5 hours of HIV/AIDS training is required within 3 days of hire/transfer.